Chapter 4- Magenta

MacKenzie's POV

Caitlin and I walk into the pipeline area where we find Jesse.

"You're up." I whisper to Caitlin as we near Jesse.

"Hey!" Caitlin says.

"Hey. Hey, sorry." Jesse says, putting down the food she was eating. "You guys were not kidding when you said speedsters were hungry all the time."

"Yeah." Caitlin says. "Listen, Jesse, before you speed off to find Frankie, I just want to make sure that you feel like you're ready."

"Why? Is something wrong?" Jesse asks. "I mean, did the test results say something?"

"No, not at all." Caitlin says. "All the test results have come back fine so far. It's just... maybe you should take it slow."

"Right. This is because I'm a girl." Jesse says and my eyes widen.

"What?" Caitlin asks. "No, not at all. Why?"

"Well, I mean, Barry didn't have to take things slow." Jesse says. "You know, he was stopping the criminals the second he got his powers. Why can't I do the same thing? And if this isn't about me being a girl, Mack is 12 years old, has powers, and has been out in the field with Barry."

"She's got a point." I mutter to Caitlin who quickly tries to come up with something.

"Well, I mean, I'm sure you think that it's a great thing to have powers, but sometimes, it's not so great. Trust me." Caitlin says. "I'm just saying that if I had powers, I would probably take it slow."

"My dad put you up to this, didn't he?" Jesse asks and I nod. "Yeah. I mean, of course he did." She says and she walks out.

"Jesse..." Caitlin says as Jesse leaves.

***

Apparently, Jesse and Wally did something stupid or something? I'm not really sure. All I know is that Barry was red with anger as he walked into the hallway yelling at Wally. Now, Harry's yelling at Jesse. I stand by the computer next to the medbay.

"This has got to stop." Harry says.

"Stop yelling at me, okay?" Jesse says, getting up from where Caitlin was making sure she was okay in the medbay and coming into the cortex. "I saved his life. What did you want me to do?"

"That's not the point." Harry says. "That is not the..."

"No, I know the point!" Jesse exclaims. "You don't want me to use my powers."

"Right." Harry says.

"Fine. Fine, but I don't need to stay here and listen to this anymore." Jesse says.

"No... Jess. Jesse!" Harry exclaims and Jesse leaves. "Don't..." Then, Harry looks over at Caitlin. "What did you say to her?"

"Me?" Caitlin asks.

"Yeah. You. You and Mack." Harry says.

"Don't blame us for this." I say, crossing my arms.

"We tried to help." Caitlin says.

"Help her or help me?" Harry asks.

"Listen, Harry. Maybe the reason she's shutting you out is because you're not trying to understand what she's going through." Caitlin says.

"I don't need to unders..." Harry says and Caitlin cuts him off.

"Maybe if you helped her navigate her powers rather than just assuming they'll destroy her, she'd turn to you rather than push you away." Caitlin says.