Chapter 42- Cause and Effect

MacKenzie's POV

"Achoo!" I sneeze. I run my nose and zip my jacket up.

"Mack." Cisco says from the computer in our workroom. "Please go rest."

"I can't." I tell him. "Barry's got no memories so these glasses will help him say what needs to be said."

"I can finish the glasses, Mack. Go rest." Cisco tells me.

"I'm fine, Cisco." I tell him. "Besides, you and I both know you're not the greatest at wiring."

"Hey!" Cisco asks, mocking offense.

"It's true!" I defend.

"Yeah, it is." Cisco gives in.

"Plus, I just finished." I tell him, holding the glasses up. "Let's get these to Barry."

"I'll go. You'll stay here and rest." Cisco says, taking the glasses.

"Cisco." I whine.

"Mack Raymond you are going to the medbay to rest if I have to drag you there myself." Cisco tells me.

"Fine." I grumble. "I'm still better at wiring than you." I tell him before leaving the room.

***

I'm sleeping in the medbay when the temperature drops about 10 degrees. I pull the blankets around me tighter and turn over onto my side.

Then I see her, Killer Frost.

"Uh-oh." I whisper.

KF quickly snaps over to look at me but I hide my face under my covers.

"Aw, Mack, you never were good at hide and seek." KF says, and I hear her footsteps walking closer.

I pull my blankets off and stand up, backing slowly away from her.

"What do you want?" I ask her.

"Actually, I'm gonna need your help." KF says. "Yours and the rest of the team's."

"Achoo!" I sneeze again.

"Got a cold?" KF asks me.

"More like frostbite." I tell her with tears in my eyes. Oh God, all I want right now is for Caitlin to hold me to make me feel better.

"Barry's memory loss is starting to become a problem." I hear Cisco say from the hallway. Him, Julian, and Wally walk in and see us in the cortex.

"It sure is." KF says. "For more than just him."

Wally tries to run forwards.

"I don't have my speed." Wally says.

"Not anymore." KF says. "And I know why. If you want to fix this and help Barry, you are gonna do exactly as I say."

Julian, Wally, and Cisco stare at KF. Then, Cisco looks at me a few feet from her.

"Mack, you okay?" Cisco asks.

"Yeah." I tell him. "Just a little cold."

"These powers are so cool." We hear Barry's excited voice say in the hallway. "I can literally feel electricity coursing through my body. I mean, is it always like this? This is amazing." He walks in and sees all of us. "We just walked into a buzzkill."

"My presence usually dampens the mood." KF says.

Joe points a gun at her.

"Joe, don't." I say.

"You fire, I'll fire." KF says with her hands up.

"What the hell is she doing here?" Joe asks.

"She wants to help." Cisco says.