Chapter 20- Borrowing Problems From The Future

MacKenzie's POV

"Tell me why I'm in here fixing your hologram." Cisco says as he fixes the hologram.

"Well, I'm just so persuasive. As a matter of fact, my partner on my Earth, Randolf, used to say, 'Why, H.R., you could convince a cowboy to buy dirt in a sandstorm.'" HR says. "Cappuccino?" He hands Cisco a coffee mug.

"Didn't you just have one of those?" Cisco asks.

"Oh, yeah." HR says with a smile.

"Look, I gotta order more parts for this thing." Cisco says, standing up. "Come on, Mack."

"Yeah, no, go ahead. Price is no object." HR says.

"Hey." Barry says, walking in the doorway of our workroom. "How's it going?"

"You know, S.T.A.R. Labs museum, gift that keeps on giving, so..." Cisco trails off.

"Okay." Barry says and we leave.

***

Cisco and I are sitting in the cortex after leaving HR and Barry in the workroom when the computer beeps.

"Cisco." I say, standing up and going over to the computer.

"Robbery." Cisco mutters. I throw on my leather jacket and fix my hair while Cisco speaks to Barry through the mic. "Yo, Barry, there's a robbery at the Payson Hotel. Mack's ready."

Barry speeds in, grabbing me in a split second and runs to the roof of a building. I jump out of his arms as we come to a stop.

"You just couldn't resist another heist, huh?" Barry asks the robber.

"Oh, what's the fun in one and done?" The robber asks.

"Avoiding a 15-year jail sentence in Iron Heights would've been nice, but you're forcing my hand." Barry says. "I guess it's a little late for that now."

"Eh, guess again." The robber says, blasting his gun.

The robber's blasts just barely miss Barry and me. I shoot my quakes at him while Barry speeds and punches the robber.

"Barry, Mack, behind you!" Cisco exclaims through the comms.

The two of us turn around to see that whatever the robber blasted was coming back at us.

Barry starts to run and a few follow him but three come after me.

"Cisco, what do I do?" I ask quickly.

"Quake!" Cisco exclaims.

I throw my hands in front of me and my quakes blast through my hands, holding the objects in midair in front of me.

Sweat breaks from my forehead as I use my strength to hold them back.

"I can't shake these things, Cisco." Barry says through the comms.

"Shake faster." Cisco says.

"Huh?" Barry asks.

"He means phase." Caitlin says.

Out of the corner of my eye I can see Barry phase through the wall and the objects stop following him, crashing into the wall.

"I could use some help over here!" I yell to everyone listening.

"Mack, use your quakes to tear them apart." Cisco says.

"Tear them apart?!" I question.

"Yes, just focus all your energy into one hand and then quakes them apart." Cisco tells me.