Chapter 16- Invasion

MacKenzie's POV

"I can't believe that you guys escaped an alien spaceship. Key words: alien spaceship." I hear Cisco say and I look up from where I am next to Barry, Felicity, Stein, and Kara. "I have questions."

"They can wait." Oliver says. "Thanks for helping me get my sister home."

"Yeah, man." Nate says.

"What's our status?" Oliver asks.

"Nothing, since the Dominators paid their little visit to mess with our heads." Barry says.

"Why would they do that?" Nate asks.

"What if they were trying to pit us against each other, in order to gain intel about meta-humans?" Ray suggests.

"Man, I wish they would just send us an IM with a questionnaire." Felicity says.

"Well, metas pose the biggest threat to their invasion. It would make sense they'd want to get to know their enemies." Kara says.

"By kidnapping people." Stein says. "Perhaps they were searching your minds for potential meta-human vulnerabilities."

"I think it's time we return the favor." Oliver says.

"What do you want to do? Kidnap one of them now?" Diggle asks.

"Ever since we fought off that one ship, they've kind of been in short supply." Barry says.

"Actually, I know where to find one." Nate says, walking over to the computer. "I've been reviewing old Army footage of their first encounters with the Dominators, and I think I pegged the fight to..." The computer beeps and we see fighting on the screen. "Redmond, Oregon. 1951."

"You're suggesting we travel to 1951, abduct a Dominator, and interrogate it to determine their intentions." Stein says.

"They kidnapped us. Seems fair." Sara says.

"Whoa. Time travel." Cisco says. "I'm definitely in."

"Okay, hold on, though." Barry says. "Professor Stein and Caitlin have been talking about a way to take down the Dominators. They could probably use your help."

"Pass." Cisco says.

"Yeah, I mean, I'm with him, mostly 'cause I just don't want to lose my geek cred, but time travel!" Felicity says excitedly.

"I could take Amaya and Mick." Nate says.

"Do it." Oliver says.

"Okay." Barry says.

"Yeah!" Felicity exclaims and her and Cisco run out.

Barry turns to us.

"Okay. And, uh, the new president called, which would be cool under different circumstances, but she wants to meet with us." Barry says.

"Let's bring Ray, Mack and Sara as backup." Oliver says.

"What about me?" Kara asks. "I can do backup."

"Can I talk to you for a second?" Oliver asks.

Kara looks at Barry who shrugs.

"I don't know." Barry tells her

Oliver pulls Kara away and we walk to the computers.

***

WE're all standing outside in our suits, well I've got my leather jacket on cause I don't have a suit yet.

"So where's the president?" Sara asks.

"She's late." Oliver says.

"Well, you got to figure she's got a lot on her plate, what with the whole alien invasion thing." Ray says.