Chapter 23- Untouchable

MacKenzie's POV

Barry and Wally are talking on the road in their flash suits as we listen in on the conversation. Cisco and I had set up a course for the two to race on. Cisco and I spent 4 hours setting up a course Barry and Wally are gonna dominate in 10 seconds.

"So this is it, huh?" Wally asks Barry and we hear them through the comms.

I put my math textbook and notebook down and go over to everyone else, standing around the computer so we can see the scans of the city.

"Yeah. This is the starting line to our race. Cisco and Mack set up sensors all along the course, and he'll be tracking your speed all the way to the finish line on the other side of town." Barry says.

"No, I meant this is it... the day the greatest upset in speedster history goes down." Wally says.

"Wally, man, this isn't about winning or losing. Okay? This is about training so you can get faster and beat Savitar and save Iris." Barry says.

"Yeah, which I'm gonna do." Wally says.

"Okay." Barry says.

"But first I'm gonna make you eat my dust. I'm sorry." Wally says.

"Okay, you know there is a reason they call me the fastest man alive." Barry says. "Cisco, Mack, you good?" Barry asks us.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the Central City Speedster 500 is about to begin." Cisco says. "But first, I've got five-to-one odds Barry takes down Wally. Any takers?"

"Yep. Game of speculation? Are we... we're betting?" HR asks. "Yeah, no, I'm in. On my Earth, financial wagering was banned after an unfortunate incident with Vice President Al Capone."

"Well, lucky for you, you live here now." Iris says.

"Yes." HR says.

"Put me down for 20 for Barry." Iris says.

"Joe, got to be in it... come on." HR says.

"No, not me." Joe says. "That's a Sophie's Choice I'm not gonna make."

"$80 on Barry. Mama needs a new confocal microscope." Caitlin says.

"Mack, you in?" Cisco asks me.

"She's young, she can't bet." Joe says.

"Yes I can." I say. "Math homework on Barry." I smile, crossing my arms over my chest.

"All right, H.R., you put your life in my hands, so I know for a fact you like high stakes." Cisco says. "How much you in for?"

"Wallace's recent speed tests ensure that he is a lock. Put me down for an Abe Lincoln." HR says and we all look at him.

"Huh?" I ask him.

"Uh, 100. Whatever 100 is on this Earth, put me down for that." HR says.

"Guys, we're ready." Barry says.

"All right, all right." Cisco says. "All bets are in, and may the odds be ever in your favor. Gentlemen, start your engines."

"Ready?" Barry asks.

"Get set." Wally says.

"Go." Wally says.

Barry and Wally are off running and we track them on the computer.

They past the first marker.

"At the first marker, 1/3 of the way in, Flash is in the lead... or is that Kid Flash?" Cisco asks.