October 28th, 2013

"I don't know, guys." Calum sighed, leaning back in his chair. "I really like her."

They were at the small coffee shop downtown, the one that Ashton's mum and new step dad owned, and the boys were currently seated around a table discussing what they loved to discuss most: girls.

"How did your date go?" Michael asked, barely looking up from his phone. He was texting Rachel, again. They had just recently become an official couple and her and Michael hardly ever spent any time away from each other.

"It was good. Great, actually." Calum smiled, remembering the events of just a few nights ago. It was Sam and Calum's third date, so it wasn't anything special, but it still mattered a lot to Calum. He really liked her, and planned on asking Sam to be his girlfriend soon.

"Have you guys done it yet?" Luke questioned, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Are you ten years old? No one calls it 'it' anymore." Ashton scoffed, standing up from the stable. He straightened out the apron that he had tied around his waist, the one that his mum forced him to wear.

"You just did." Luke countered, which earned him a big slap on the back of his head from Ashton.

"Do any of you need refills?" Ashton asked the boys, already backing away from the table. He was technically in the middle of a shift right now, but his mum usually didn't mind if he took five minutes off every once and a while to talk with his friends. It was the least she could do for "ruining his life".

"Can you get me one of those muffin things?" Michael asked, finally making actual eye contact with Ashton.

"It's just called a muffin. Not a muffin thing." Ashton said blankly before turning away from the table. "I'll be right back."

"He's so bitter all the time." Luke whined, rubbing the spot on the back of his head where Ashton had slapped him.

"He's fine, just going through a hard time." Calum shrugged. The boys understood why Ashton had been acting this way lately an accepted it, because they wouldn't be very good friends if they didn't. They were going to give him the time that he needed to turn back to his normal self, because they knew that this whole "I hate the world" attitude was just a phase for him.

"Anyway," Luke chuckled, "are you going to answer my question?"

"No, we haven't." Calum said almost immediately, because he had been preparing to respond to Luke for the past couple minutes.

"Why not?" Michael scoffed.

"Because I don't want to have sex with her yet?" Calum laughed, sounding like he was asking a question.

"It's because he's a virgin." Luke leaned across the table, whispering loud enough for Michael to hear.

"No, you are!" Calum shouted, and slapped Luke on the head again. Calum had already had sex with someone once before, an ex-girlfriend that he only dated for a few months when he was almost 17.

He didn't care that he hadn't had sex with Sam yet, it wasn't a big deal. He was only 18 years old and had his whole life to worry about things like that. Of course he would have sex with Sam if the time was right and it was what she wanted, but for now he didn't really care about that stuff. He cared more about just spending time with her, not about what they were going to once they went to bed that night.

"Not for long." Luke laughed, leaning back into his chair.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Michael let out a loud laugh, like he didn't believe Luke.

"I have that thing with Ronnie, you know. We're totally gonna do it soon." Luke said. That wasn't even true, Ronnie still hated Luke and Luke was still hopelessly chasing after her. They wouldn't be having sex for a very long time.

"Please stop calling it that." Michael groaned.

"Ashton was right, you sound like a ten year old." Calum added. Speaking of Ashton, wasn't he supposed to bring Michael a muffin?

"Where'd Ashton go?" Michael asked, as if he was reading Calum's mind. "I asked for a muffin, did I not?"

"He's over there." Luke said, pointing to a small booth in the corner of the coffee shop. Sure enough, there was Ashton, siting across from a girl that looked very familiar to Calum.

"Who is that?" Calum asked. He wondered if Ashton and the girl were dating, and he wasn't telling the boys about it. That seemed stupid though, because why would Ashton not want to tell them? The more Calum watched the two of them, though, the more he began to realize that they weren't together after all. The way that they seemed to talk to each other was harsh and again, bitter.

"That's, uh, shit. What's her name?" Michael groaned, picking his phone up again.

"Do you think he realizes that we're all staring at him?" Luke whispered as he leaned into Calum, who was still staring at his friend across the room.

"No, they seem pretty lost in conversation." Calum responded.

"It's Avery. Sam's friend, the one that doesn't talk much." Michael finally spoke again, setting his phone down. He had texted Rachel and asked.

"Since when are her and Ashton friends?" Luke asked. They didn't look like friends, though, they still looked as if they were arguing with each other.

"Well from what I've heard, Avery's pretty mad at the world, just like Ashton is." Michael shrugged. He didn't know much about Rachel's other friends, because they didn't talk much about friends when they were together.

"They're perfect for each other." Calum chuckled.

"I just don't think they know it yet." Michael shrugged, a laugh escaping his lips as well.

Calum's cell phone began to ring and he pulled it from his pocket, answering the phone as soon as he could. The ringtone was Sam's, they'd set custom ringtones on each other's phones on their last date. It was cute. Sam was always calling Calum to talk about the most random things, he figured that she deserved her own ringtone.

"Hello Samantha Sam For Short." Calum laughed into the phone.

"Cal, are you going to be home soon?" Sam asked, sounding innocent. Too innocent for Calum's liking.

"I'm out with the boys right now, but I guess I'll be done soon." Calum shrugged, "Why?"

"I have a surprise for you." Sam giggled. Calum gulped.

"Where - where are you?" Calum asked. Michael and Luke both noticed Calum's nervous actions and were laughing at him, imitating the way that he was stammering over what they thought was just a silly phone call.

"Your bedroom."

"You have a - a surprise in my bed - ? Oh shit, Sam." Calum let out a breathy laugh, because he already knew what Sam was hinting at and he was trying to figure out if it was a coincidence that Michael and Luke and him had just been talking about this.

"Uh huh." Sam laughed again.

"I guess I'll just leave now, then." Calum said, trying to sound cool as he stood up from the table, sending a wink to his friends.

"Alright." Sam sounded innocent again, and Calum could feel an anxious feeling begin to form in his stomach. "Tell Luke not to come back for a few hours."

"A few hours? Oh, God, Samantha." Calum practically groaned, because he already couldn't wait.

"Hurry up." Sam said blankly before hanging up the phone, leaving Calum a little confused and, well, horny.

"So long, lads." Calum laughed, patting Luke on the back. "I'm getting laid."

-

Calum's gettin' it oooh

lol so at this point Calum and Sam have known each other for like two months and now Michael and Rachel ((who were supposed to be a one night stand oops)) are officially boyfriend and girlfriend and Luke's single and ready to mingle with Ronnie and Ashton and Avery are total outcast losers ((but they're getting their own story soo))

anyway I hope you all enjoyed this lol goodbye