January 25th, 2014

When Sam got excited, she wasn't very patient.

That's why on the morning of Calum's birthday she came to his apartment and knocked on the door about 30 times, not stopping until Calum answered.

"Samantha," Calum greeted her sleepily, rubbing his eyes. He had been passed out on the couch, tired from staying up late the night before and watching movies with Luke.

"Happy birthday!" Sam squealed, pulling Calum forward in a big hug, which was kind of funny because Sam was so small compared to Calum.

"Thank you," Calum laughed, because he'd forgotten about his birthday for a second. He leaned down and kissed Sam on the forehead. "Why are you here so early? I just woke up."

"I know, I'm sorry, but I got you the best present I really couldn't wait until later tonight to give it to you." Sam smiled, pulling away from Calum. Then she came forward again and grabbed his face in her hands, kissing him quickly on the lips.

"Was that my present? Can I go back to bed now?" Calum joked.

"Shut up, you're going to love this." Sam assured him, then turned away from the door and went back out into the hallway, grabbing something off the floor. It was a big cardboard box, and she handed it to Calum.

"You got me a puppy!" Calum screeched, literally, screeched. He'd always wanted a puppy, and he remembered telling Sam that, he just didn't think that she'd ever go through with buying one.

"Yeah, I did." Sam nodded. "I know that you've always wanted a puppy of your own and I also know that you aren't allowed to have pet in the apartment but I was talking to Rachel and she said that we could keep him at Michael's house for a little while until you can find somewhere else to live."

Calum set the box down and took his new puppy out, cradling it in his arms like he was holding a baby. "Sam, he's so cute, oh my God. Oh my God!"

"I'm really glad you like him, because I was kind of freaking out about what to get you." Sam admitted, feeling embarrassed as she looked down at the floor.

"I love him so, so, much." Calum smiled, leaning down and kissing Sam again. He wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her closer to him, so she could get a better look at their new puppy.

"I love you so, so, much." Sam giggled and pressed her lips to Calum's again, but didn't leave them there long enough for him to really react.

"Samantha Sam For Short, you know I love you more." Calum laughed.

"I don't think so." Sam laughed again, kissing Calum on the cheek.

"I love you more than you love me and you know it." Calum pouted. He tried to lean in and kiss Sam again, but she backed away.

"Oh, God, is this going to turn into one of those things where we argue over who loves who more?" Sam scoffed, "Because I'd win that argument."

"Never." Calum smirked, finally bringing his lips to Sam's once again. She brought her hands up to the back of Calum's neck and they continued to kiss with their new puppy between them until it started to whine and squirm around in Calum's arms.

"I feel like we're parents and he's our baby." Sam laughed after a few minutes.

"I mean, technically we are." Calum shrugged.

"So should I start calling you Daddy?" Sam said (in a completely joking way), looking back up at Calum, who just gulped and continued to stare down at the new puppy in his arms.

He didn't want to think about Sam calling him Daddy, not now at least. Maybe later. Tonight.

"We have to name him." Calum said, his voice cracking once from how nervous Sam made him.