October 29th, 2013

Sam didn't spend the night after her and Calum had sex for the first time. She left almost as soon as they were finished, quickly getting dressed in the tiny shorts and crop top she had been wearing when Calum got home. She claimed that she had something that she needed to do, and that she'd be back the next morning to hang out with Calum. He didn't even mind.

Calum accidentally let it slip that he was in love with Sam. He said it literally in the middle of sex, while her back was pressed up against the mattress and Calum's hands were gripping the headboard, supporting himself as he thrust into her. He said it so effortlessly, just a quick "I love you, Sam", and she laughed. She didn't even mind.

* * *

Calum danced around his room, picking up his clothes that had been torn from his body the night before. He put the clothes back on and looked in the mirror, giving himself a big cheesy smile as he looked at his hair, which clearly showed that he'd just had sex.

God, he was so happy. He loved Sam, so much, and he'd just had sex with her. That was really the only thought going through his head. He kept replaying the memory of the night before over and over again, because he never wanted to forgot.

The way she looked on top of him. The way she looked under him. The way she undressed herself in front of him. The way she laughed, even when they were trying to have a serious moment for once. Sam was so beautiful, Calum couldn't get the image of her from last night out of his head.

He loved her so, so, much.

Calum continued to dance around the room for a while, without any music, until he heard voices outside in the living room and decide to go brag to his friends about what an amazing night he'd had.

Calum slid through the doorway of his bedroom, bumping into Michael as he came out.

"What the hell, man?" Michael questioned. He put his hands on Calum's shoulders to steady him, even though Calum was bouncing around to much to actually stay steady.

"Mikey, I have a question for you." Calum grinned, slinging and arm around Michael's shoulders.

"Yeah...?" Michael said hesitantly, because he thought that Calum was drunk, and that worried him, only because it was still so early in the morning.

"Have you ever been in love?"

"Yeah." Michael nodded after a few seconds, having thought it over a little more.

"I'm in love." Calum laughed, not bothering to ask Michael who it was that he was in love with. It was Rachel.

"Really? With Sam?" Michael asked.

"Uh huh." Calum nodded and led Michael down the hall, into the kitchen, so he could get some breakfast for himself. "We fucked last night."

"Fucked?" Michael questioned teasingly, "Or made love?"

"We fucking made love, mate." Calum chuckled.

"Who fucking made what?" Luke asked as Calum and Michael entered the kitchen. He was already at the fridge, staring mindlessly in it and hoping that some food would magically appear before his eyes.

"Calum and Sam apparently made love last night?" Michael laughed. He stood beside Luke, also staring into the fridge. Teenage boys are so stupid.

"Oh yeah, I heard." Luke laughed.

"You heard? I told you not to come home for a few hours!" Calum yelled, snapping out of his happy mood for a second.

"Sorry." Luke shrugged. "Anyway, I heard Sam say something like 'Oh God, Calum, faster, please!' and then - "

"She said please? Aw, how polite." Michael interrupted, and Luke ignored him.

"Then I guess you said something else because she started laughing. Like, hysterically." Luke continued.

"I told her I love her." Calum said, a big smile on his face as he told Luke what he'd done.

"And she laughed?" Michael scoffed.

"Yeah, but I didn't really think too much about it. I was kind of, like, inside her." Calum shrugged. He didn't even care that Sam laughed or that she hadn't said she loved him back. He was just happy that he'd ahead the courage to say it, and that they had sex.

The three boys stood silently in the middle of the kitchen for a few more minutes, still staring ahead of them at the fridge, which really only had a few bottles of beer and some gross leftovers from the last time they'd had Chinese food. They were waiting for the fridge to be full again.

"So, was she any good?" Michael smirked, nudging Calum in the side.

"Amazing." He answered truthfully, smiling to himself again. He just wanted to relive last night over and over and over again.

"Yeah, looks like it." Luke laughed, reaching out and poking the deep purple marks scattered all along Calum's neck and collarbones.

"She's so good, oh my God." Calum gushed. "Her lips are, like, amazing."

"What'd you guys do? Like, everything?" Michael continued to interrogate Calum, which is what any best friend would do.

"We covered all of the bases." Calum laughed, and he felt a blush creep onto his cheeks, suddenly feeling embarrassed about discussing something so...personal.

"Ah, a home run." Michael nodded in approval, patting Calum on the back.

"I think I'm stuck at, like, second base." Luke drowned, trying to figure out this whole base system in his head. All throughout school he'd heard different variations of it, and now he was a little confused.

"Nah, you're stuck at first." Michael laughed, correcting him.

"How do you know I haven't - " Luke pouted, and Michael just held up a hand to shush him.

"I just know." He said.

Luke let out a deep sigh and finally shut the fridge door, turning on his heels as he stepped out of the room.

"Calum, can you come grocery shopping with me?" Luke called over his shoulder, already heading to his room to get dressed.

"Of course!" Calum yelled back, the very happy feeling from a few minutes earlier returning to him.

"Okay, but if you're all lovey and happy the whole time I'm going to kick your ass." Luke warned before disappearing into his room, slamming the door shut behind him.

"Michael, I'm in love." Calum sighed again, nudging Michael in the side.

"You're annoying, that's what you are." Michael rolled his eyes and then left the kitchen as well, stopping in the living room quickly to collect the few things he'd brought over last night before leaving the apartment completely.

He was aware that he was being annoying and that he was totally whipped and he was aware that his friends were bothered by the way he was acting so happy about such a simple thing. It was just sex, right? It shouldn't even matter.

Luke emerged from his room a few seconds later and harshly ordered Calum to get dressed in some real clothes, and then Luke pushed him all the way back to his bedroom.

He didn't even mind.

-

all I have to say about this is that teenage boys are stupid and calum is whipped