March 4th, 2014

"Sam," Calum whispered, reaching out to trace his fingers down her bare back.

They were sleeping, or at least Sam was. Calum was still awake, practically buzzing after what they'd done about an hour before. It seemed that lately all Calum and Sam ever wanted to do was eat, talk, and have sex. Sometimes it wasn't sex, though, sometimes they only made out for a while until one of them got too tired or hungry.

But Calum didn't even care, although he should have. He should have seen how bored Sam was becoming and how uninteresting their days were now. Calum loved Sam so much, he was oblivious to how unhappy she was.

"I'm sleeping." Sam mumbled, shivering at Calum's sudden touch.

"If you were sleeping you wouldn't have answered me." Calum chuckled. He leaned in closer and left a small kiss on Sam's back. Then another. And another. And one more.

"I was sleeping." Sam whispered. She rolled over, so she was facing Calum.

"Samantha." Calum said again, wrapping an arm around Sam's waist and tugging her closer to him.

"Cal." Sam said, biting down on her bottom lip. She ran her hands over Calum's tanned chest until they were at the nape of his neck, and then she locked them together and pressed herself against him again.

"I love you so, so much." Calum said softly, almost like a whisper. This wasn't the first time that he'd told her this, so it didn't matter a whole lot to Sam, but it mattered to Calum. It always mattered to him.

"Calum..." Sam shut her eyes tight and rested her head against his chest, so Calum couldn't see her anymore.

"I know that you still don't like when I say it, but I'm sorry, I can't help it." Calum whispered. "You're the best girlfriend ever and I feel the need to tell you how much I love you on a daily basis."

"You're the best boyfriend ever." Sam smiled, looking up just long enough to kiss Calum softly on the lips.

"I know." Calum said, flashing Sam a cocky smile.

"Are you going to try and cover this one?" Sam asked, her eyes traveling to a big hickey she'd left on his neck. He had a lot more; on his chest, by his ear, on his shoulder. Calum never tried to hide them though, unlike Luke, who had come home with a mark on his throat from some girl (Ronnie), and immediately tried to hide from everyone.

"I never cover your hickeys." Calum smiled.

"But you cover all of the hickeys from the other girls you have sex with, right?" Sam asked jokingly. But she knew that Calum would never do that, and Calum knew too. He loved Sam so much that it was hard for him to even look at a girl without thinking about his girlfriend. Calum would never be able to have sex with someone else.

"Right," Calum agreed, following along with the joke. "I can't let you see those."

"We should go visit Michael tomorrow and see our baby." Sam said, continuing to trace her fingers along all the marks she'd left on Calum's skin. Even as she said it, she sounded bored, but Calum didn't notice. He didn't even notice the deep sigh she let out a few seconds later, her eyes still not meeting his.

"Mhm." Calum nodded. They had a dog, a puppy, named Rasta. (The name was Calum's idea, Sam wanted to name it Ketchup but he wouldn't let her). Since Calum's apartment building didn't allow pets and Sam didn't even really live anywhere at the moment, they kept Rasta at Michael's house because he (actually it was Rachel) offered to take care of him for a while. It was temporary (at least that's what Calum and Sam said), and Calum was planning on getting his own place soon where his puppy could live with him.

"I miss my baby." Sam pouted, looking up at Calum. He kissed her lips quickly, turning her pout into a smile.

"I wonder if Michael ever has him wear that one sweater you bought for him." Calum said, letting out a small laugh. Sam laughed too at the thought of their puppy - their baby - in the Christmas sweater she got for him. It was originally a joke and Sam only got it because it was on sale at the pet store, but Calum thought it was just hilarious.

"Probably not. I don't think Michael even pays attention to him, Rachel loves him, though, she always goes over there to take care of him." Sam chuckled. She really did miss their puppy and wished that he could live with his actual owners instead of Michael, but Sam knew that Calum was going to get his own house soon and Rasta could finally come stay with him.

"I love the sweater! I know that he doesn't like it, but I really do." Calum sighed. "I love puppies, I want more."

"But you can't just make Michael take care of all you puppies for you! He's going to get annoyed and kick them all out." Sam said, pouting again.

Calum started to laugh so hard that his eyes got all squinty, and he was practically gasping for air at the mental image of Michael trying to watch over a ton of puppies.

"I know, I know. I wish we could have, like, a puppy farm." Calum said, beginning to calm down. Sam nodded, agreeing with him.

"That'd be nice." Sam said tiredly, because she was beginning to drift off to sleep again, even with Calum laughing like that. Sam was that type of person, she could fall asleep almost anywhere if she was tired enough, even if there was a ton of noise around her. Calum thought that was adorable, and he especially liked when Sam fell asleep in the car and he had to carry her back to bed.

He loved her so much.

"Just a little longer, babe. We'll get our own place soon. One that allows puppies." Calum promised her. He talked about him and Sam moving in with each othe all the time, and that honestly made Sam a little nervous. She wasn't used to staying in one place for long, and she already felt like she had been in Sydney for much longer than she'd originally intended. She was starting to get bored.

Sam stayed quiet for a moment, deciding whether or not she really wanted to say what she was thinking about.

"Calum, I don't want to hurt you." Sam said slowly, like the words coming out of her mouth actually caused her pain.

"You could never hurt me, Sam. Never." Calum assured her. He ran his hands up and down her back, because that always calmed her down. He didn't mind because he loved doing it, feeling her skin like that. It was always so warm and smooth and tan.

"I know, but I - " Sam paused, choking back a sob. She had been thinking too much while she was pretending to sleep and now Calum had made her think even more. "I have a tendency to just pack up and leave, Cal."

"If you ever pack up and leave me I'll follow you." Calum kissed Sam's shoulder, moving her hair off to the side.

"Would you really?" Sam asked. Her eyes were filled with tears but she looked up again at Calum anyway, only to find him smiling down at her already.

"Of course. I'm never going to let you leave me, Samantha." Calum muttered, his lips trailing up her neck. He didn't even want to have sex again, and he wasn't trying to beg for round two like he normally tried to do. He simply wanted his lips to be on Sam's skin for a little while and he wanted to feel the warmth of her body against his for longer. He wanted to hold her close for ever and ever even though he knew that there was no reason to act like that because he would be with Sam for ever and ever.

"I love you so much, Calum Hood." Sam whispered, her breathing already picking up from the way Calum's lips were slowly and lazily moving across her skin.

"And I love you even more, Samantha Green." Calum whispered back, his teeth nipping at Sam's earlobe, her favorite spot.

But Calum should have known. He really, really should have known.

-

so this is like 2 months before sam left and as you can see calum is totally whipped and sam really loves him too (she also really loves their puppy) but she's starting to get bored with her surroundings because she's so used to moving around a lot

HOPE Y'ALL LIKED THIS