August 22nd, 2013

Calum was sitting on the couch when he heard a knock at the door, and since his friends were all too busy passing out food to each other to notice, Calum got up to answer it.

He made his way to the door and pulled it open, revealing a tired looking Sam standing before him. Her low cut top distracted Calum, and those shorts didn't make things easy for him either. She had a pair of high heels dangling between her fingers, makeup smudged under her eyes. Calum wondered where she had been all night, or all day even. It was just starting to get dark out now, she looked like she had been out for hours.

"Oh, Calum?" She said, obviously taken aback from him. She hadn't been expecting to see him here, she was just looking for Rachel.

"Samantha Sam For Short." Calum blurted out, not thinking things through before he spoke. He was so amazed that Sam was actually here, at his apartment talking to him.

"Am I at the right apartment?" She asked, looking down the hallway again.

"Well it depends. Who are you looking for?" Calum laughed, still in awe at the fact that she was standing in front of him again.

"I'm looking for my friend Rachel. You know, the one that your purple friend Michael took home last weekend? She texted me and told me to come pick her up here." Sam explained.

"Oh yeah, she's here. We're actually just getting dinner started, we ordered Chinese. You should join us." Calum swallowed hard, fearing that Sam was going to turn him down.

"I don't know, maybe I'll just grab the keys from her and get going." Sam sighed, trying to look past Calum and into the living room, where his three best friends plus Rachel were still trying to figure out who's food was who's.

"Do you guys share an apartment or something?" Calum asked, wondering if she was living alone with her best friend just like he was.

"Sometimes we do, sometimes we don't. I kind of hop around from place to place." She shrugged. "Tonight I'm living at Rachel's house, and I would rather just head back there."

"Why don't you stay for dinner?" Calum insisted. He wasn't going to take no for an answer, he actually needed Sam to stay.

"I don't know, Cal, I don't really like Chinese food..." Sam drifted off, crinkling her nose at the thought of the Chinese food being consumed in the other room.

"I can make you something else to eat. You want a sandwich?" Calum asked, grabbing Sam's hand and pulling her inside. She dropped her shoes down by the front door, deciding that she couldn't fight with Calum about this for any longer and she might as well just stay.

"I do, I do want a sandwich." She laughed, and Calum nodded in approval. He shut the door behind him and lead her into the living room, where he let all the other boys know that she would be joining them for dinner tonight.

"Hey, you're the girl Calum was dancing with at the bar the other night!" Michael called, waving to Sam.

"Yeah, I am. You're the guitarist in his band. Michael, right?" Sam asked, returning the wave.

"It's my band!" Luke protested, handing a plate to Michael and Rachel for them to share their food off of. They had similiar tastes, so it was easy for them to share like that. It was honestly weird for Michael, because he wasn't used to having this much in common with someone. He didn't normally stick with a girl for more than a couple of days, anyway, so he never had time to actually learn it they stared similar interests or not.

"It's our band, actually.' Michael snapped, making Rachel giggle. The two had become practically inseperable in the past week. So much for a one night stand.