Chapter 3

Everyone walks into the house... Darry sends Ponyboy and Johnny to Johnny's house and Steve sits on the dining room table trying to figure out What happened.

Darry- Alright. Let's get one thing straight. You guys are taking this dating thing too far.

Soda- I can exp-

Darry- No. no need to explain right now. At first I thought you all were actually sorry, then I'm pretty sure you kept doing it just to spite me.

Jenna- (looks at the ground leaning into Soda's arm he's trying to comfort her)

Mila- (sitting awkwardly beside Two bit looking around without moving her head)

Blair- (avoiding Darry's gaze, looking out the window as Dally puts his arm around her)

Darry- Your silence says it all.

Steve- (piping up) I figured it out!

Everyone turns to look at him with "what are you talking about faces"

Steve- I get it.

Blair- Get What?

Steve- Darry. (Points)

Darry- What about me?

Steve- Why you're so angry... (says it with an intelligent accent) or why you think you're angry.

Darry- Steve!

Steve- Darry, is jealous.

Soda- (Looking up) jealous?

Steve- You guys are in relationships, he's not. Don't you get it?

Blair- But Darry there's all kinds a real nice girls around who'd probably really like you.

Darry- I don't have time for that! (He gets quiet) I have you all to, you know, support. Even those of you who aren't related to me, you're always here, you might as well be.

Steve- (looking triumphant because he figures it out)

Jenna- I know I'm not related but, please don't be mad. I don't need all you guys to have reasons to be mad at me.

Blair- Me especially.

Mila- (nodding solemnly)

Darry- (sighs) I'm not mad... (He pauses) Steve... Steve... Steve is right, in a way at least... but, duty comes before anything like this (He Motions to the group) at least for me... I'm just the mentally insane, overprotective older brother that feels like I have to keep everyone out of trouble. From now on, don't feel bad about being (he swallows) sentimental... within reason that is... (He eyes them... everyone laughs) that's enough excitement for one night. Let's turn in, Huh? (He smiles and gives Blair and Soda each a hug then goes into his room... Steve leaves)

Steve- Have fun guys! I'm heading back to the dance! It hasn't quite ended yet (he laughs)

Soda- See ya Steve (everyone says bye)

Blair- Well, now that that's over with (She smiles) let's do something fun!

Jenna- What exactly were you thinking?

Blair- How about we make a blanket bed on the floor and watch movies and stuff?

Mila- Okay. Are you guys staying? (She looks at the guys)

Dally- (gives Blair a hug) I wouldn't miss it.

Soda- Same here. Then again this is my house so it's not like I can leave.

Two bit- Well considering you actually seem to like me, I guess I'll stick around.

Mila- (Laughs) always making jokes.