Chapter 12

Soda and Jenna are driving down the road... Soda looks nervous...

Jenna- Hey, you Ok?

Soda- Yeah, just kinda nervous.

Jenna- Don't worry, well, I mean, just don't do anything stupid.

Soda- (his eyes widen and he pales) Why?!

Jenna- No reason, just my, Uh (adds quietly) Dad.

Soda- What?!

Jenna- Don't worry, you'll be fine. I mean it has to happen at some point, right?

Soda- Yeah, But please promise you'll have my back.

Jenna- I promise.

Soda- Good (exhales) This one right? (Points to a house)

Jenna- Mu Hmm. (Nods)

Soda- (pulls in the driveway... talking to himself) I got this, I got this, I got this.

Jenna- (getting out of the truck) You'll be fine, Soda. (Walks up to the house)

Soda- (still nervous) Ok, (exhales)

Jenna- (opens the door) Hello?

Jenna's Dad- (walking to the door) Hey, you're back. (See Soda) Who's That?

Jenna- This is Soda. You know, Blair's brother.

Soda- (smiles and waves a little) Hello, (He pauses... trying to find the words) Sir?

Jenna's Dad- Well, Thank You for driving her home, you can leave now. (He turns around)

Jenna- Uh, Dad?

Jenna's Dad- What?!

Jenna- I asked Soda to come over so he could meet you guys, and Uncle Carl too.

Jenna's Dad- Meet me?

Jenna- (quietly) Soda, Uh asked me Uh, out a few weeks ago.

Jenna's Dad- What?!?!

Jenna- You See This is why I haven't told you.

Jenna's Dad- What?! Why?! I don't know what to say!

Jenna- Dad, please. Can you stop overreacting?

Jenna's Mom- (Walking in) What's all the yelling? (Sees Soda and recognizes him) Is that Sodapop?

Jenna- Yes?

Soda- (tries to smile and gives a little wave) Hello.

Jenna's Mom- I haven't seen you since before you, Well, dropped out. I saw you all the time over at the school with Blair. How've you been?

Soda- I'm good, Mrs. Price..

Jenna's Mom- Oh, call, me Sophia. You're close with Jenna's friends and she seems to spend a lot of time there.

Jenna's Dad- He and Jenna have been, (He looks in pain to say the words) going out.

Jenna's Mom- What?! Oh honey! (Runs to give Jenna a hug)

Jenna- Mom. This is not the reaction I was expecting from you.

Jenna's Mom- (whispering to her) Don't Tell you dad but I kinda had a bit of a guess. It's not as a shock for me. (Jenna laughs)

Jenna's Dad- This is serious! I don't have any clue what to do about this!

Jenna's Mom- Oh, Jacob stop being so dramatic. Come in, come in. (Motions to them... they follow her into the living room Jenna's Uncle is sitting on the couch)