Chapter 5

It's 8:45am everybody is sleeping but Darry and Soda. Darry goes to the phone and calls two-bit and tells him to come over before he leaves for "work" .

Darry - what are you doing up? You are the one who is always talking about his he needs his beauty sleep.( Darry say beauty sleep and does finger quotations)

Soda- I was thirsty and I heard you talking on the phone to two-bit and I didn't want to miss his first day of work( he says with a smirk on his face)

Darry - well I guess it's a good thing you're up I was going to wake you up soon.

Soda-wait really. Why?(he says confused)

Darry - you'll see

Just as darry said that two-bit comes walking in the door.

Two-bit - Hey( he says grouchily)

Soda- (teasing) what? is the baby upset he couldn't get his beauty sleep?

Two-bit-(scowling) oh you be quiet!

Darry - oh I wouldn't speak to soon soda ( he says with humor in his voice)

Blair - why?

Darry,soda,and two-bit turn around and see Blair and Jenna standing right behind them.

Darry - well soda has another job

Blair and Jenna - he does?

Soda- I do?

Darry - yes you do you are going to go to work with two and pay off your tickets you got

Soda- wha.. What? (He says stuttering)

Jenna, Blair, and two-bit all start laughing at him while darry just smiles.

Soda- bu...but I already have a job and Mrs. S doesn't know?!(he says quickly trying to get himself out of this)

Jenna- oh don't worry I can call Mrs. S up for you(smiling Jenna starts dialing her number)

Darry - don't worry about calling in his work I already explained it to his boss

Jenna-alrighty

After Jenna called and everybody ate something soda and two-bit slowly walk out the door.

Blair - have fun! (She says smiling)

Jenna-bye (also smiling but then looks at her phone as they walk out)

Soda and two-bit both grumble words under their breath and head to "work"

They arrive at the diner and Mrs. S and Mila are waiting at the door for them.

Mila- Hey Two bit, (confused) and Soda? What are you doing here?

Soda- Darry's making me work part time here to pay for my speeding tickets. (He's frowning)

Mila's Mom- Good morning boys! I have your uniforms right here. You can change in the bathrooms. (Hands them two clothing boxes)

Two bit- Nobody said anything about uniforms!

Soda- Yeah.

Mila- (shaking her head) You two are being babies. Now go change then head to the kitchen.

They nod and go to the bathroom and change.

Soda- (looking in the mirror) This is humiliating.

Two bit- Tell me about it, I can't even wear my Mickey shirt.

They walk out to the dining area where Mila is standing in her own uniform.

She sees them and tries to suppress a laugh.