Chapter 4

Blair- (in the bathroom trying to scrub a ketchup stain out of Dally's shirt) How'd you do this?

Dally- I May have accidentally spilled my plate when I tried lunging across the table at Ponyboy. He hit me with his grilled cheese. It was a big sandwich.

Blair- I can't believe you. (Stops scrubbing and looks at his shirt) There, the worst of its out.

Dally- (brushing it off) Thanks Blair.

Blair- No problem. Let's get to the living room... everyone else is cleaned up. (The walk into the living room)

Mila is sitting on the couch with Jenna and Two bit on either side of her. She's staring at the phone.

Jenna- (putting a hand on Mila's shoulder) Come on, you have to call her.

Mila- (nervously) She's gonna be mad, Jenna.

Jenna- It's either call her now or wait til you get home, and then... well... I personally think this would be better... you can pull the phone away if you need to here.

Mila- (nods) You're right.

Two bit- Tell her I started it... tell her it was my fault and you tried to stop me... tell her not to be mad at you.

Mila- (looking at him) I can't tell her it was all your fault... and I joined in, so I'm guilty too.

Jenna- Don't worry. you'll be fine. (She gets up to sit next to Soda)

Mila- (nods slowly... and picks up the phone and dials the number for the diner... it rings twice and then a voice comes through)

Mila's Mom- *Milly's diner How May I help you?*

Mila- Heh, hey Mom.

Mila's Mom- *Mila! How could you let that happen?!*

Mila- Mom it was an accident.

Mila's Mom- *Brandy said there was food everywhere. I can't let this go.*

Mila- Please Mom, don't be mad-

Mila's Mom- *I'M BEYOND MAD, Mila! I'M-I'M FURIOUS!!!*

Mila- (cringes as her mom yells into the phone) Mom, please-

Mila's Mom- *WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO ABOUT THIS Mila?!?!?!?!? JUST LET IT GO?!?!?!?!*

Mila- (pulls the phone away from her ear) Mom-

Mila's Mom- *WHO STARTED IT?!?!?!*

Mila- (looks at Two bit... he nods) Two bit.

Mila's Mom- *THAT's NOT HIS NAME! WHAT'S HIS REAL NAME?!?!?!?!*

Mila- (slowly) Keith Mathews.

Mila's Mom- *Is He with you?!*

Mila- (looks at Two bit... he nods) Yes.

Mila's Mom- *PUT HIM ON THE PHONE!!! (She pauses....scarily calm) Please?*

Mila- (hands Two bit the phone)

Two bit- (awkwardly) Heyyy, Mrs. S! How are you?

Mila's Mom- *(trying to stay calm) I've been better Mr. Mathews.*

Two bit- Please, you can call me Two bit.

Mila's Mom- *It is my understanding Mr. Mathews that you started little food fight in my diner today.*

Two bit- Heh, Yes ma'am I did. And let me say I am very sorry about that.

Mila's Mom- *(getting slightly irritated) So why exactly did you do it then?!*

Two bit- (Laughs just a little) For kicks.

Mila's Mom- *(inhaling and exhaling) I hope you know that the area you were in was much destroyed.*

Two bit- Yes, I want to say I'll willingly pay for all the damage.

Mila's Mom- *(sarcastically) pay for it?! No no, Mr. Mathews my method of solving this is for you to work off the "damage"*

Two bit- (shocked and his voice kinda cracks) Work?!

Mila's Mom- *I don't believe I stuttered*

Two bit- (exhaling) Of course Mrs. S.

Mila's Mom- *You Can start tomorrow at 9 a.m and you can be done around 5 p.m*

Two bit- Uh, for how long?

Mila's Mom- *I think 2 weeks seems fair don't you?*

Two bit- Two weeks?!

Mila's Mom- *Yes.*

Two bit- Of course Mrs. S. I'll be there.

Mila's Mom- *lovely (She hangs up)*

Two bit- (slowly puts the phone back on the thing)

Soda- So? What was that about?

Blair- Well so much for your work ethics Two.

Soda- (starts to laugh) Wait so you actually have to work? Haha!

Jenna- Soda?!

Soda- What? It's funny.

Jenna- You know I'm still disappointed in you right? (raises eyebrow)

Soda- What if I give you the puppy dog eyes? (gives her them)

Blair- (runs over and covers Jenna's eyes) No! Jenna don't give in. He's extremely good at this look and once got out of a speeding ticket because of it.

Mila- Anyway, what did my mom say?

Two-bit- (looks like he's gonna cry) I have to work off the damage.

Mila- Oh gosh. For how long?

Two-bit- TWO WEEKs!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Mila- (quietly) Oh.

Two-bit- It's a good thing I think you're really pretty.

Mila- (wasn't paying attention cause she was watching Blair covering Jenna's eyes) What?

Two-bit- (pretends he didn't say that) huh?

Dally- Blair?!?

Blair- (still covering Jenna's eyes) Yes?

Dally- (being whiny) I'm hungry!

Soda- Me too!

Blair- Well maybe if you two actually ate your food and didn't play with it you would of been fine. Meanwhile I'm hungry cause we got kicked out before I could eat anything!

Ponyboy- Well maybe if you didn't have to pee every 10 minutes, you would've actually have able to eat.

Blair- (starts to get annoyed with him) I'm a girl! Stuff happens ok?!?

Ponyboy- What happens?

Blair- I am NOT EXPLAINING THAT TO YOU!

Soda- If we are just telling each other stuff....(looks at Darry) I sorta got a speeding ticket on the way to work yesterday and on the way to lunch and on the way back from lunch. Oh and on the way back home. Oops?

Jenna- what?

Mila- Are you stupid?

Steve- Dude?

Blair- Are you serious?

Dally- Nice Job.

Two- bit- Wow.

Johnny- You're crazy.

Soda-Hey it's not my fault! They were just out to get me.( soda says trying to look innocent)

Mila - Yah sure they were ( She says sarcastically)

Soda and Steve have to leave for work........ after work everyone goes to bed/home depending on who it is.