Chapter 9

It's about 9:00 in the morning on Thanksgiving Day. Everyone is preparing for lunch.

Darry- (standing over a turkey in a tray) Ponyboy hand me the butter.

Ponyboy- Here you go Darry. (Hands him the container of butter)

Darry- Thank You. (Starts slapping butter all over the turkey and Sprinkles seasoning all over it) And into the oven! (Puts it in the oven)

Soda- (attempting to peel potatoes) This is not easy. How do I always get stuck with potato peeling?

Jenna- (grabs a knife and tries to help him) Cause you still tolerate it. And the cake you baked is already done.

Soda- I guess.

Two bit- (Mixing a bowl of dough) This is soooo thick!

Mila- Keep stirring. Then scoop the dough onto the cookie sheet. These are going to be some delicious rolls.

Two bit- (groans but keeps stirring)

Blair- (gets out a pot and fills it with water) Dally would you get the corn?

Dally- (tosses her the bag of corn) Here.

Blair- (catches it then pours it into the pot of boiling water)

Steve- (setting plates at the table and notices the chocolate cake Soda made earlier... looks around to see if anyone is watching... he reaches for the cake)

Mila- (walks into the dining room with a spoon in her hand) Ah ah ah! You'll have to wait till after dinner.

Steve- (whines) But I'm hungry.

Mila- Don't be a baby.

Steve- (groans then returns to setting the table)

Jenna- Oh stop your groaning. And besides if you eat the cake now, you won't have any room for the thanksgiving meal later.

Steve- (stops setting the table and whines) But I want cake now!

Blair- (turns to look at him) Stop being Ponyboy after he finds a "lady product" in the bathroom and wants to know what it is.

Ponyboy- (scream-whispers to everyone) It had "wings".

Mila/Jenna- What?

Blair- Well it's not my fault that you like to creep around in my stuff you creepy creep. Now go stir the pistachio pudding.

Ponyboy stirs the pudding for a few minutes.

Ponyboy- (being a baby) Can I stop now....I'm getting a cramp.

Blair- (getting annoyed) Ok for starters it's only been like not even two minutes and second, I get cramps all of the time and sometimes I get them to the point of where I throw up so you better be happy that you might grow up to actually be a man!

Ponyboy- I might be a man? But I'm already a......

Mila- Dude, don't dig yourself a bigger hole.

Jenna- Yeah Blair is just having an interesting day. (turns to Blair) Hey are you ok? You don't look so good. Does your brothers and Dally know......

Blair- No....they don't. (She sighs) They wouldn't understand. Only you two and Mom would.

Mila- B.R. Focus. Are you in pain at all?

Blair- Yes, but I'm fine you need my help out here and.....

Jenna- Blair Leeanne, go lay down. (smiles) Mila and I can take care of the rest and we'll call you when the meal's ready.