Chapter 6

Dally- Are we ready to kick some bruisers butts!(he yells as he is pulling into the parking lot)

Everyone-yeah!(fist pumping the air)

After grabbing their usually gameday seats everybody sees Steve and Evie walking over to them.

Mila-(whispering to both Jenna and Blair)oh...great look who's here...(sarcastically)

Evie - HI GUYS !!! OMG THE WHOLE GANG'S HERE I'M SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!OH LOOK IT'S MY BFF'S !HEY GIRLS!!!.......(she goes on and on in a high pitch preppy annoying voice)

Jenna-hey Evie (struggling to contain the annoyance in her voice)

Darry - Hey guys nice to see you.(he says politely)

Everybody else mumbles hi politely but you can tell none of them are glad Evie came along. Soda looks actually in pain to say hi to Evie.

Steve - well we just thought we should say hi before the game starts( has his arm around the bubbly blonde girl's waist [Evie] )

Evie - WELL I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD TIME!(she says smiling and kind of bouncing up and down)

Both Evie and Steve leave. Evie goes to cheer for something and before she starts she hikes up her skirt a little. Then winks at Steve.

Blair - eww did you see that?!( motioning her hand discreetly to evie)

Jenna- I know..(she says annoyed)

Two- bit- I don't understand how Steve can deal with her personally I would love to stick a sock in her mouth(joking)

Mila - ( slaps two-bits arm)TWO?!( She whisper yells trying to conceal a grin)

Two-bit - what? (Smiling)

Ponyboy - Be quiet! Everybody's arriving!(holding a finger to his lips)

As soon as Ponyboy said that the announcer voice comes through the microphones alerting everyone of Norman's arrival.

Announcer- And here come the tigers.

The other teams students/cheerleaders start cheering as the Norman football players jog onto the field... the gang and the rest of the roper fans sit in absolute silence.

Announcer- ALRIGHT ROPER FANS GET ON FEET... HERE COME YOU VERY OWN, WILL ROGERS ROPERS!!!!!!!

Everyone jumps up onto their feet and starts cheering loudly. They do the pregame business and the game begins. The ropers win the toss and are on offense, putting the tigers on defense.

Jenna- (pointing as she nudges Soda) Look! There's Johnny! (A small person in a cheesy cowboy outfit comes waddling down the sideline... once in view her starts lifting his arms into the air pumping up the fans.)

Soda- (smiling) He's so good at that.

Darry- (getting excited) Ok, So See they're lining up in an "I" formation. It's pass formation and after they snap the ball the quarterback will probably throw the ball to one of his right side receivers since the defense has lined up heavy on the left side. (The Center snaps the ball and the play runs just as Darry said it would) Ya See. (Everyone stares at him gawking)

Jenna- (nodding breaking the silence) I see. But that receiver has butterfingers. They're lucky he caught it.

Blair- (raising an eyebrow) You know and like "football talk"?

Jenna- (shrugging) I'm used to listening to "football talk"... (smiles) You know my dad.

Mila- (laughing) Saturday's, his favorite day... he spends it watching football.