[ 5 ]

Horribly unedited but figured yall wouldn't mind too much. Enjoy.

I park my car outside of my dorm building and hurry to get upstairs. I've been looking forward to this nap from the minute I woke up. As I practically jog to the stairs, I hear my phone ringing from the depths of my book bag. I dig around for it and answer when I see that it's Maya. "Are you up to work on the project today?" she asks in a peppy voice as soon as I answer.

"Sure," I reply while balancing the phone between my head and my shoulder. It's not like I have anything better to do. It's Friday so I don't work and I also flat out ignored Kelsi and Jess's texts asking if I was down to go to a party with them tonight. They left out the part about me driving them there, spending the night alone, and then bringing them home.

"You can come over whenever. I don't work today so I'm completely free," she explains without skipping a beat. "And my asshole housemate is at work so you won't get distracted."

"Is four okay?" I wonder after deciding to ignore her slick comment. I trek up the stairs to my dorm and barrel down the hallway. "I am preparing for hibernation."

"Yeah, 4 works for me," she concludes while I search my key ring for the one to my dorm.

"Great," I confirm as I reach for the doorknob. I stop when I hear the noises that typically accompany Danica's extracurricular activities. "Are you kidding me?"

"What happened?" Maya questions from the other end of the phone.

"My stupid roommate," I grumble as I walk back down the hall in the direction I came.

"Sexiled again?" she quickly catches on.

"Yeah," I inform her through gritted teeth.

"You can come over now," she comments, which I already planned on doing. "You can nap, too. There's the couch...my bed...Asa's bed; I know'd like that."

"You can't see me but I'm glaring right now," I scoff as I jog down the steps. I'm secretly relieved that she'll let me sleep there.

"I'll wake you up before he gets back," she continues to joke.

"I hate you," I mumble, even though I'd secretly get a kick out of seeing what his room looks like. "I'm on the way."

"I'll see you when you get here. The doors unlocked. You know the drill," she remarks before hanging up.

I arrive to the familiar apartment and take the usual route upstairs. Just like she said, the door is unlocked so I let myself in. I rush down the familiar hallway to the living room only to come up empty. After peeking my head into the kitchen and finding an empty room, I figure she's in her room. I push open the already cracked door and find her passed out on her bed with her phone inches from her face. I take it upon myself to remove my shoes, drop my bag on the floor, and join her.

I eventually wake up four hours later to shuffling outside of the room. "I'm not waking her up," a deep voice I recognize as Asa's complains.

"Just do it. I have to set the table!" I hear Maya's response from further away. "She better be awake by the time the plates are down."

"If I wake her up, it's going to be by snatching the blanket off of her," he threatens from a much closer distance than her.

"Don't be a jerk," she replies in an annoyed tone.

I groan noisily in an attempt to alert them that I'm awake. I sit up, blink a few times, and lock eyes with Asa, who stares back with an emotionless expression on his face. Abruptly, he turns and heads in the direction of the kitchen. "She's up."