[ 20 ]

hi guys it's been a long weekend. i'm still working on the update for the pursuit of felicity but i figured i wouldn't make yall wait for this one. anywho, enjoy. COMMENT! <3 I love reading those.

Friday goes just as I predicted. I wake up without Asa and I take it upon myself to clean up the apartment. Though we don't really make messes, I figure wiping things down and giving the kitchen and living room a sweep and a mop wouldn't hurt. I also clean up his room a bit before settling down in the living room. My studying doesn't last long before I'm plagued with cramps. I let out a long groan when I discover that I have, in fact, started my period.

After rushing out to the store and buying the proper toiletries, I shower and make brownies, which I eat while I study. By the time Asa gets home, I've started on dinner and have already set the table. He comes in and immediately smiles at me. Instead of greeting me with a 'hello', he crosses his arms and leans against the fridge. "You know what I realized today?" he poses the question and I turn to him and furrow my brows.

"What did you realize?" I wonder. His eyes trail down my figure and his head tilts.

"Wait, is that my shirt?" he asks with a finger extended to the black t-shirt draped over my shoulders. I look down and slowly nod. Oh yeah, I got this from him a few weeks ago. Good thing I didn't get caught wearing this back at my house.

"It was...now, it's mine," I answer casually and he gives me a slow nod. "Anyway, what'd you realize?"

"That I was looking forward to coming home," he answers and I furrow my eyebrows.

"Home as in..." I trail, wondering if he means the apartment or his actual home back with his parents.

"Here," he clarifies with a wave around the apartment. "For the first few days of vacation, I was dreading it. I like being alone, don't get me wrong, but sometimes it gets...lonely."

"So you're grateful that I'm here is what I'm hearing?" I extract with raised brows. The smirk on my face doesn't falter as his head bounces up and down twice.

"Yeah," he concurs as his gaze trails to the counter, "that's what I'm saying. I also like coming home to actual meals. Speaking of which, what'd you make?"

I motion to the steak on the stove, which is ready to be plated. He assesses the dinner and nods admirably. "Let's eat," I encourage.

We sit at the table and he engages me in conversation, asking about my day. I inform him of my light cleaning, which he acknowledges gratefully, and my studying. He tells me about work and his love-hate relationship with math. We talk for a while before he showers and changes, after which he joins me on the couch.

"I forgot to tell you; I made brownies," I say the second he sits down. He barely connects with the cushion before he bounces back up and flies to the kitchen. I laugh hysterically when I hear the microwave open and him rummage around with the container.

"Are there drugs in them?" he wonders as he returns to my line of sight with a large brownie in his hand. He definitely ruined the square cuttings I made.

"No," I answer with a quiet chuckle. He saunters back over to the couch, where he drops in his spot at the opposite end. He presses his back against the arm of the couch and extends his legs before him, which I join him in doing. He lets my legs overlap his and watches me with an amused smile on his face.

"A shame," he comments as he waves around the drugless brownie.

"I mean, if you want to be under the influence, you do have alcohol," I remind him with a brief motion to the kitchen. He bobs his head reminiscently as if he had forgotten about the fairly new bottle sitting in the cabinet.