[ 18 ]

PLZ READ: hey guys i'm so sorry about the wait. my charger broke the day before yall reached 400 so i ordered one off amazon prime and it just got here yesterday but i had two classes, two meetings, and volunteering and then today i had two more meetings, volunteering, and one class. so i've been a busy, tired, tired, tired bee. for example, i usually go to bed at like 3 in the morning on a regular day (even later on the weekends) but today i'm passing out now (11PM). 

update on pursuit of felicity tomorrow. i'm too tired to risk editing that chapter tonight so expect it tomorrow at some point or another.

BUTTTT I'm so happy we got to 400! I didn't know that many of you read this book. <3 thank yall for the votes and a HUUUUGE thank you for the comments. u know i love reading those. 

QOTC: what's one scene you want me to write for this book? KEEP IT APPROPRIATE! I KNOW HOW YOU GUYS THINK; I READ ALL OF YALLS COMMENTS. but yeah, i want yall to get a say in what happens in this book. build off of each other, too. interact, make friends, talk to each other.

this was a long a/n but I really hope you guys enjoy this even longer chapter (15 pages in word) 

"So are you guys dating or...?" Aaliyah trails from my phone, which is propped up on my desk. I adjust my headphones and glance at the screen. She's also preoccupied with something else.

"No," I answer as I coat my pinkie nail in a coat of blue polish. "I mean, not outright, I don't think. I'm not really sure. I'm too nervous to ask."

"Well, it's a conversation to have in person," Aaliyah informs me. "Have you guys ever talked about it? Even if it was briefly? Some guys typically drop hints. Like, if he doesn't want a relationship, he'd say something like 'oh, I don't know what I want right now,' and leave it at that in hopes that you'll still agree to hook up with him if you think there's a chance for a relationship in the future."

"We haven't really talked about it other than our few conversations about our exes, but I don't know if those count. From what I recall, he never said he wanted a relationship but he never said he didn't. We went from refusing to acknowledge the fact that we were flirting with each other to intensely making out on his bed during a party, so I don't really know anything," I catch myself rambling. I put another coat over my thumb, wiggling it a bit to examine the semi-decent paint job.

"I mean, that was bound to happen with all that tension," Aaliyah explains as if she's an expert. "I feel like he's a relationship kind of guy, even if he doesn't put a label on it."

"I hope," I mutter awkwardly. "You know, it feels good to actually be able to talk it out. I haven't been able to speak about anything involving Asa above a whisper for the last 24 hours without fear of my brother's hearing."

"Where are they now?" she questions me and I look out the window and see two cars missing.

"Ian's playing basketball with his friend. Sam and Jay are both at work," I explain before feeling the need to add, "so is my dad."

"House to yourself- you know, if Asa lived close enough..." she trails, which gets a loud scoff from me.

"I would never allow him to step foot in this house, especially if no one else is here. If I get caught, I'd be killed," I tell her. "They didn't even like me having Drew over when my dad wasn't home, even if the great trio was here watching my every move on the living room couch. Remember that?"

"Yeah..." she trails before sighing loudly. "Why couldn't we have been born into extremely lax households? I swear it hasn't registered with my parents that I only follow their rules because I can't afford to live on my own."