[ 19 ]

hello. hope you guys enjoy this update. i now have to study for my psych exam tomorrow.

When I wake up the following morning, I'm not surprised to find that Asa isn't home. I take it upon myself to go retrieve my car from its spot at my dorm. Once I'm on the road again, I stop at FoodMart, which reminds me to call Maya at a time that lines up. I make sure to pick up granola bars, among other things. Once I complete a couple other errands, I head back to the apartment and settle in more.

I feel a little pathetic for watching the time as hard as I do but I saw Asa for less than an hour and a half last night, most of which he was driving and the rest was him putting my stuff down and hugging me. Admitted, the affection was appreciated but I want to actually sit and talk with him. I wish I'd have had an inkling that I'd be coming back; I'd have tried to pick up shifts at the library to give me something to do.

When it hits 4:30, I start making dinner. He didn't ask me to but I know he's going to be hungry and I am, too. Plus, it gives me something to do and makes me feel less guilty about living in his apartment for a few days. The meal finishes a few minutes before he arrives and I feel like a puppy when I hear the door open and close. He hasn't even reached the kitchen when I hear his excited question: "you cooked?"

"Yeah," I confirm and he grins widely at the assortment of food on the table. "I also went and got you granola bars."

"Just let me change and then we can eat," he calls as he starts his usual strip-walk to his room. I roll my eyes and start making myself a plate. He wastes no time in switching into comfortable clothes and I watch as he crosses the kitchen in basketball shorts and a t-shirt. With a smile as full as his plate, he takes the seat across from me and practically dances around. "You don't understand how hungry I am."

"I cooked because I thought you'd be hungry," I confess with a shrug. "And you're probably exhausted."

"I could definitely go for a nap...but I'm not going to," he concludes as he takes a bite of garlic bread. His eyes close in delight and chomps away.

"Why not?" I rebut. Is he going out again?

"You don't want to hang out?" he questions with raised brows. It catches me off guard a bit. I spent all day wondering what we were going to do these next couple of days. Are we acting as separate entities and doing things on our own? Or are we going to spend time together?

"I mean, I could just take a nap, too," I propose before raising my glass of water to my mouth. "I could always sleep."

"Okay," he concludes with a large grin. I watch him take in another bite of his food. Our conversation drifts from how his day was to the last time each of us talked to Maya to the current state of our grades. Once we finish our meals, he washes the dishes and then starts in the direction of his room. I wander over to the sofa but he calls after me. "Are you not going to nap?"

"I am," I confirm as I lightly kick the couch.

"Oh..." he mutters and I raise both of my eyebrows, which prompts him to talk. "I just figured you'd want to sleep in a bed."

"Oh...well...I definitely wouldn't mind," I mumble as I robotically turn and trail behind him, trying my best to hide how excited I am. The second I step foot into the room, I leap into his bed and settle in right in the middle. With a quick tug, I submerge myself in his thick blankets. 

He crawls up the bed and collapses directly beside me with a wide grin stretched across his face. I flip onto my stomach and prop my head on his chest, which gets a deep chuckle from him. His abdomen vibrates with laughter as I pull the blanket over us and sigh into his shirt. The scent of him is overwhelming in the best way possible. As if answering my silent request, his free hand comes up and starts massaging my scalp.