[ 21 ]

Next week is vacation so I'll be writing a lot and hopefully updating more than once. :) thanks for understanding about the lack of an update last week. hope yall haven't abandoned the book. 

Chapter 21

"Where are you going?" I whine with a small frown when I feel the bed shifting beneath me.

"The gym," Asa whispers in response and I groan into his pillow. "I'll be back before you even wake up."

"Can't you stay in bed?" I mumble as I immediately feel the loss of warmth. He chuckles quietly.

"I haven't been to the gym all week, Ivy," he explains in the same quiet tone. I hear him walking around the room and opening his drawers.

"And you still look beautiful," I explain, "now get back in bed."

He laughs again as he approaches me. "I like the gym. It helps me get out my anger."

"Sleeping does that too," I inform him and he brushes his hand through my hair.

"Go back to sleep." With a frustrated huff, I bury my face further in his pillows and attempt to fall back asleep. I wake up a half hour later and decide to just start the day.

I make myself breakfast, shower, and put on actual clothes. My hair is still tied up in a towel when the front door opens. I stare at the entrance of the living room and feel my heart skip a beat when he smiles widely at the sight of me. "You're awake," he coos as he drops his gym bag.

"Unfortunately," I mutter as I take in his appearance. There's a thick line of sweat down the front and back of his shirt and I'm sure if I was closer, I'd be forced to smell him.

"Now we have the whole day ahead of us," he reminds me as he reaches his hands behind his back and peels off his wet top. His chest glistens with moisture and I keep my eyes locked on his face.

"So we can nap is what you're saying," I propose and receive a scoff in return.

"I won't be able to fall asleep," he announces, which gets a tired sigh from me. "I'm going to shower. I'll see you when I get out."

"You'll see me passed out in your bed," I mutter and he throws his gross shirt at me. I dodge it and glare at him, which gets an evil laugh in response. Instead of returning to bed like I want to, I stretch out on the couch after styling my hair. When I hear the water shut off and him shuffling around in the bathroom, I turn my attention from my phone and to the door.

He exit and spots me, which results in an even larger grin forming on his face. "You're still up," he acknowledges once more as he crosses the living room to change in his room. I only roll my eyes in response, waiting for him to come back so we can hang out. However, he returns from his room fully dressed in shoes and a coat. I take in his appearance in a state of pure confusion. Where the hell is he going now? "Come on."

My brows furrow as I glance behind me and then at his hands. "Me?" I ask, wondering if he's on the phone or something.

"Who else is here, Ivy?" he retorts and I stare in confusion. "Come on, we're going out."

"Where are we going?" I question as I look down at my outfit. Will a sweater and jeans suffice? He isn't too dressed up so I suppose it will.

"It's a surprise," he insists as he grabs my hands and tugs me off the couch. In an attempt to be a good surprise-receiver, I decide not to ask any more questions. I shove on my shoes, grab my purse, and trail behind him outside. It isn't until we're ten minutes into the ride that the curiosity gets the best of me.