[ 13 ]

hi guys this chapter is so long. YOU KNOW WHAT'S CRAZY? I ask for 150 votes to get another update and YALL HAVE NO PROBLEM DELIVERING, MEANWHILE EVERY OTHER CHAPTER GETS LIKE 4 VOTES. CRAZYYY. Anyway, can yall comment some funny stuff so I can read once I'm done taking my tests Weds and Thurs?

QOTC: Ship name for Asa and Ivy? 

The following week is what I would like to call mentally awkward. Of course, Asa does a perfect job of acting as though nothing happened when he sees me on Monday in passing. He doesn't exactly acknowledge me but he doesn't not acknowledge me either. He makes eye contact with me, blinks, stares for a few more seconds, and looks away. Given, we're both on our respective routes to class and can't exactly stop to say 'hey,' I accept it. Physically, we're fine. I can converse with him without so much as batting an eye but the only thoughts that are going through my head are questioning why he didn't want to kiss me.

This same ghost tension consists throughout the week until Friday, which is when Maya drops plans on me. She calls me on the phone just as my classes end and I have expect her to ask to hang out then and there. "Hello?" I greet her from the warmth of my bed. I really hope she doesn't ask to make plans until later; I just managed to get the room to myself and I want nothing more than to go to sleep for an hour or two. I deserve it after this exhausting week.

"Are you doing anything?" she questions me and I sigh quietly.

"Nope, why? What's up?" I reply as I sit up. I may as well disturb my own comfort before I can doze off and ruin whatever plans I'm about to make.

"I need a favor..." she trails and judging from the tone of her voice, I can tell it's not going to be fun.

"Yes?" I continue to prod her.

"So...as you know, it's Halloweekend," she informs me and I sigh quietly. Halloween was Wednesday, therefore this weekend is considered Halloweekend. It's basically another reason for college students to dress up in scandalous outfits and go to even more parties and drink more than they normally would.

I can vaguely see where she's going with this but not quite. "I am aware," I confirm as I stare at my floor.

"And I want to have a couple people over," she continues to explain slowly, which is starting to eat at my nerves.

"What's the favor, Maya?" I blurt impatiently.

"I haven't brought it up to Asa yet so I need you to distract him for a couple hours so I can set up the apartment," she finishes quickly. I want to sigh. I can already tell that this is going to be a bad idea. Asa is going to be pissed that she's having a party without telling him and he's going to be pissed at me for assisting. This is an overall bad idea.

"Okay," I agree, figuring she already knows how bad of an idea it is. Either way, he'll get over it.

"He's at the apartment now. You can just go over and ask him to go out and do something with you," she suggests. She says it like it's that easy. Before I can ask her what I should propose he and I do, she hurriedly explains that she has to go and lets the familiar tone greet my ears. I stare at the phone and drag myself out of bed.

I'm not quite sure how she expects me to distract Asa but I'll figure something out on the ride over. As I tug on my shoes and grab my jacket, I swear quietly at myself for agreeing to do this. I lock the door behind me and start in the direction of the parking lot. Instead of thinking about what Asa and I can do together, I think about why he refused to kiss me. As you can probably assume, I didn't come up with anything and that status doesn't change the entire elevator ride up to their apartment, nor does it shift when I let myself in.