Chapter 29

Isaac's head was pounding and his mouth was dry when he finally opened his eyes late the following morning. He staggered out of his bedroom to find Felipe and DeShawn eating breakfast and chatting away. They both looked at Isaac as he entered the main room.

"Morning," DeShawn greeted.

"Hey. What time is it?"

"It's almost ten AM."

"You've been out for a while," Felipe noted. "How are you feeling?"

"Like shit," Isaac said. He paused to grab a swig of water. "I kinda remember last night, but not everything."

"Do you remember when Nikita and Cassie almost began fighting?" DeShawn asked.

"Uh...yeah, actually. But I don't remember why off the top of my head."

"Cassie called her a whore, and Nikita wasn't having it. She proceeded to call Cassie a drama queen, so she freaked the fuck out and called her a bitch," Felipe revealed.

Isaac's eyes widened, having suddenly remembered everything. "Oh, yeah, I remember now! Thank God things didn't get too ugly."

"It would've been awesome, but I'm kinda glad there wasn't a fight," Felipe chuckled. "Oh, and when you came back after you took Cassie to her room, the party was pretty much over. We're all lucky that we just got warnings."

"Sounds like it was a rough night."

DeShawn laughed. "Everyone's okay, though. That's the important part."

"Since you literally just woke up, I take it you haven't heard from Cassie since last night," Felipe pointed out.

"No, but I promised Mariana I would check on her."

"She's probably still asleep. I wouldn't worry about it."

Even with that in mind, Isaac left a few minutes later anyways. He knocked on her dorm, and noticed that it took a little longer than he expected to get a response. Mariana hastily opened the door before darting back inside. Isaac entered her dorm, confused that she hadn't even greeted him.

"Sorry for being late," he said. "Are you okay?"

"I've been better," Mariana replied with a sarcastic laugh. "Cassie woke up like an hour ago, sick as hell."

Isaac heard some retching, and bolted for the bathroom. Poor Cassie was over the toilet, vomiting profusely. He grabbed her hair and held it back as she continued emptying her stomach.

"Are you good?"

"Yeah, I got it."

Mariana didn't need to be told twice. She nodded before exiting the dorm with her purse, eager to leave the couple be.

It almost took another hour, but Cassie slowly felt much better than before. Once she'd finished being sick, she'd brushed her teeth thoroughly before having breakfast with Isaac.

"Thank you so much for everything, babe," she said as the two relaxed on the couch in the main room.

"No problem," Isaac replied. "So, what do you remember from last night?"

Cassie giggled. "Not a whole lot. I kinda remember almost fighting Nikita, though. But I forget why."

"You called her a slut and a whore, and she didn't really bristle when you did. You lost it after she called you a drama queen."

"Oh...Jesus."

Isaac chuckled a bit. "Yeah, it was pretty intense. I think you owe her an apology."