*Chapter 3*

First published: June 16th 2018
Last edited: 1st March 2022

Warnings: Hank's angry swearing
^^AN 2022: Iconic

Words: 3225

The following morning Y/N woke up with a terrible headache from lack of sleep. She made herself a cup of coffee before heading off to work. She made a note not to let Hank see her coffee cup. He was already worried that the girl was addicted.  The androids at the front desk of the Police station greeted her as she walked in. She smiled politely and walked through the security doors. She walked past the lounge and made herself another coffee. If Hank asked this was still her first one.

Gavin was in lounge with Chris. If he spoke Y/N didn't hear him. She simply didn't care for what he had to say this morning. She sat down at her desk and put her head in her hands letting out a giant yawn.
"Late night Rookie?" One of the officers called across from their own desk.
"Yeah. Did you not hear about it all?" Y/N replied.
"I did. But I didn't believe it. I thought it was all chatter. Wanted to hear it from you!" 
"Everything you heard is probably true. It was... an interesting night."
"Well, if it happens again. Let me know! My kids will never believe it!" Y/N gave him the thumbs up as she let out another yawn.

Hank wasn't at the police station yet. Then again Hank was never there when the shift started. One of the perks of being a lieutenant she guessed. She looked over and saw the captain in his little glass office. Was he working on what happened last night? Had a new case come in? She had been sent all the recent case files for all the known deviants. One had simply walked out of their home. One had attempted to strangle his owner before he ran away. One had gone missing from the Eden club. A shiver went down her spine. Human or not. Using someone for their body like that was disgusting. She would have run away too.

She found a file of an android that had been destroyed. There was no picture to go with it. How could they investigate that if they had nothing to go on? Another file that caught her attention was an android who had assaulted a man and according to the neighbors, had kidnapped the child of the man. She looked deeper into the file. The man, named Todd was a known drug dealer and often got high on his own supply... Red Ice. Y/N rolled her eyes. Something in the report caught her attention. While the neighbors had reported a missing child, the man didn't report his daughter missing when he made his statement. Only the android.

Even in a state of shock how could he forget that his child had been kidnapped? Y/N looked deeper into the file. Todd had been previously married to a woman who had given birth to a daughter but when the divorce came through the mother had been given full custody of the child. The child wasn't even allowed within ten feet of Todd, never mind live with him. How could the neighbors witness the android kidnapping his daughter if she was nowhere near the house? Something wasn't up. Before Y/N could become further lost in the case file she heard a voice ask.
"Excuse me. Do you know what time Lieutenant Anderson usually arrives?" It was Connor. He had returned. Why? The case from last night had been solved.

"Depends on where he was the night before." The officer chuckled. "We're lucky if we see him before noon. His partner Officer Y/L/N is here." Y/N looked up from her files and saw Connor looking at her. She waved at the android. He didn't wave back. Y/N felt herself inwardly cringe. He walked over.
"Hello. Officer Y/L/N." Connor greeted.
"Connor. It's Y/N." Connor nodded once and the air went silent. Neither of them knew what to say to the other. Y/N spoke first.

"I'm sorry about last night. I didn't mean to grab you." Y/N apologized referencing her actions from the interrogation room.
"I understand. The situation made you emotional and you needed support to stop yourself from falling and quite possibly fainting. When humans are subjected to that much stress it is known for them to faint. I was the one closest to you. Your first choice, logically, would have been Hank. You would never seek Officer Gavin for support so the logical action would be to hold on to me." Connor said.