*Chapter 7*

First published: June 20th 2018
Last edited: 1st March 2022

Words: 2957

AN: I like Connor's storyline because I am a forensic scientist. However, my only nit-pick is that Connor says in this chapter that the victim didn't die of a heart attack, but was suffocated... let me educate you, my dear readers. If you suffocate your cause of death IS a heart attack cause your body is like WTF IS HAPPENING! And then you get a heart attack. Just sayin... that is your daily lesson with a forensic scientist.

Hank was in no state to drive. You didn't need to be an android to figure out how much over the limit he was. Connor assured Y/N that he himself was capable of driving. Y/N asked if he had actually driven a car before. No, he hadn't. The answer terrified Y/N, she didn't argue but she did hold onto the handle on the roof for safety. Connor wasn't bad in the end. He drove safer than any person she had seen driving. She almost felt bad for doubting him.

They pulled up outside the club which was covered in purple hues and silhouettes of naked people. To be more specific. Androids. The front entrance had a new edition however, the 'crime scene do not cross' sign. The rain poured heavily.
"Ah!" Hank moaned grabbing the side of his head "Feels like somebody is playing with a drill inside my skull." Y/N grabbed his shoulders from the front seat.
"That would be dehydration my friend... maybe stick your head out the window and open your mouth, drink the rain." He shrugged her off not in the mood to play her games.  
"Ha ha very funny." He looked over to the club. "Are you sure this is the right place?"
"It's the address on the report." Connor confirmed.

With one final groan, Hank lent forward and opened the car door. When climbing out he knocked his head on the frame of the car earning a chuckle from Y/N. Y/N climbed out of the car and quickly ran to the shelter the building gave. This was the closest she had been to the place. She had always thought it was creepy. Renting androids. It was no different from forced prostitution from the old days.
"Didn't know you were so keen to go in Y/N." Hank teased.
"The quicker we get in, the quicker we can get out." Hank raised his eyebrows and smirked. Y/N felt her eyes roll. Why did she even open her mouth?

Hank looked at the sign on the wall and read out loud. "Sexiest androids in town. Now I know why you insisted on coming here." The first set of doors opened showing off some of the androids they had for rent. Y/N refused to make eye contact with them in shame of her own species. When the second set of doors opened it wasn't much better. Even more, androids were in glass cages and some were still pole dancing despite the club not even being in business right now due to the murder.

They weren't the first to arrive at the scene. The first thing they heard to the manager saying was something about it being unfair that he shouldn't lose his license. The manager was being interviewed by Ben.
"The investigation is ongoing. I can't tell you anything sir." Ben turned to Hank and Y/N. "That room there." He pointed. "But to warn you. Gavin is in there."
"Why?" Y/N complained. If this place wasn't creepy enough.
"Just what we needed. A dead body and an asshole." Hank commented. No one liked Gavin.

They walked towards the door which opened automatically. Revealing Gavin, Chris, the body and an android on the floor, blood coming from her mouth.
"Well if it isn't the Lieutenant, Rookie and their plastic pet. The fuck are you three doing here?"
"We've been assigned all cases involving androids." Connor answered for them.
"Oh yeah." Gavin mocked. "You're wasting your time. Just some pervert who got more than he could handle." He laughed at his own 'joke'. 

"We'll have a look anyway if you don't mind." Hank said. Gavin scoffed,
"Come on lets go. Its starting to stink of booze in here." Gavin wafted the air around his own nose. Y/N went to take a step forward with a scowl on her face. Hank grabbed her and shook his head. Chris said goodnight to them regretfully and followed Gavin leaving the three of them in the room with the dead body and the android. Connor walked over to the android and ran his fingers across the blood on her chin and pressed them to his tongue.

"Woah!" Hank shouted. "Hey hey! Argh Connor, you're so disgusting." Hank grimaced.
"He's like a 5-year-old. Shoving everything he can find in his mouth." Y/N joked.
"Tell me about it." Connor stood up and walked over to the victim. Hank and Y/N watched him. He would figure out the events to a much better efficiency than they would. They could only come up with a rough estimate of events. Unlike some people in Detroit, they didn't fear for their jobs. Connor was intriguing. If deviancy wasn't a problem any more police and androids could work together in harmony. The androids could deal with the hard facts and the humans could figure out the emotions.

"He didn't die of a heart attack. He was strangled." Connor said after his analysis. 
"Yeah, we saw the bruising on the neck." Hank said.
"Unless he's blind. Which he's not Gavin should have noticed it. Probably wanted his favorite place to stay open." Y/N said sourly. 
"It doesn't prove anything. Could have been rough play." Hank said side eyeing Y/N. Y/N rolled her eyes.

"We're missing something." Connor said. He knelt back down next to the android on the floor.
"Think you could read the androids memory?" Hank suggested. Connor put his hand to her wrist. His skin turning porcelain white.
"The only way to access its memory is to reactivate it." Connor pressed on her stomach and a panel appeared. Y/N knelt down beside Connor. "It's badly damaged. If I do it, it will only be for a minute or less. I hope it's long enough to learn something."

"She's going to be so scared." Y/N said. With that, the female android woke back up and backed away from the men. "Hey, Hey." Y/N said calmly. "We are here to help I promise." The android looked at her and then up at Hank and Connor. When she saw Connor was also an android she relaxed slightly.
"Is he... is he dead?" the Traci asked. Connor quickly answered.
"Tell me what happened."
"He started hitting me." She explained. Y/N winced. "again, and again."
"Did you kill him?"
"No!" she defended herself. "It wasn't me!"

"Hurry! What do you remember? We don't have much time!" Connor pressed. The Traci began to worry.
"Don't have much time? W...what do you mean not much time. I..."
"Hey, it's okay." Y/N soothed placing her hand on the Traci's. "Was there anyone else in the room with you who could have done this?" The Traci looked deep in her eyes.
"He wanted to play with two girls. That's what he said. There was two of us."
"Where did it go?" Connor shouted in urgency but it was too late. The Traci had shut down. Y/N ran her hand across her hair and shut her eyes.

"Is there anyway she can be turned back on?" She asked.
"No." Connor said. "She has lost too much of her blue blood. Her components are damaged." Y/N sighed and stood up.
"So there was another android." Hank commented. "This happened over an hour ago. It's probably long gone."
"She, has all the right to be gone. She just witnessed someone murdered right in front of her. I hope she is long gone." Y/N said angrily.
"If it's... shes, still here. Connor. Do you reckon you could find a deviant among all the other androids?"
"Deviants aren't easily detected."
"Maybe there is another way. Maybe an eye witness somewhere?" Hank suggested. "I'm going to talk to the manager. Tell me if either of you think of something else."