*Chapter 12*

First published: June 23rd 2018
Last edited: 2nd March 2022

Words: 2203

AN: Connor in his beanie is a look.

"Connor you can't go." Y/N said. They were in her house. Connor was trying on clothes that Y/N owned. Connor didn't question why she had men's clothes in her wardrobe. Part of him didn't want to know the answer. 
"I need to finish my mission. The only way to stop the deviants is to stop the leader." He found clothes that would fit him. Y/N turned her back to give him some modesty as he changed.

"But Connor. If you take him out. What is to stop his followers from taking you out?"
"If I am destroyed then a new Connor will replace me. Like last time." Y/N turned around. It was odd seeing Connor in a shirt and jeans.
"I don't want you to be replaced. What you saw in that girl at Kemski's house. That is what I see in you. I don't want you to die." Her eyes began to tear up. Connor stepped forward. He had so many words in his database but did not know which one to use so he said nothing. Y/N rubbed her eye and sniffed.
"If I can't stop you. Then let me go with you." She said. Connor let out a deep breath. He looked at the human who was in front of him and in so much distress.
"No." He finally said. "I can not complete my mission if you are there."
"Why?" she asked.

Software instability.

"Jericho will be full of deviants wanting revenge on humans. The leader may be taking a pacifist direction but his followers may disagree. I can't complete my mission if I'm worrying someone is going to kill you. You, unlike me, can't be replaced." He admitted. Y/N didn't know if she should cry of sadness or blush.

"But you can't go alone, Connor." Connor didn't reply. Y/N stood in silence. She reached down into a box at the bottom of her wardrobe and pulled out a beanie.
"If there is nothing I can do. At least let me give you this. Your hair gives you away too much." She handed it over and Connor put it on. Laughing through her watery eyes Y/N raised her hand and pushed the few strands that were always out of place into the beanie.
"There. Now you look the part."
"Thank you. I must ask. Why do you own so many items of men's clothing?"
"Ghosts of boyfriends past that I haven't gotten around to getting rid of yet. That and men's clothes are so much better." She admitted. Overwhelmed with emotions she rushed forward and hugged him. "Get back safe. Promise me."

Software instability

"I promise."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Connor followed the directions on the coded map he had received from the android. He felt sorry for leaving Y/N home alone but he needed to do this. Even if he straight up lied to her when he promised he would come back. This mission had only two endings. He would kill the deviant leader and get killed by his followers or the deviant leader would kill him, himself. Sure a new Connor would replace him but Y/N would be unhappy. She didn't deserve to be unhappy.

Software instability

He made it to the place that was in his memory banks. The rusty metal that the word Jericho had been painted on was a ship! He entered the ship and all around him were deviants. Thousands of them. He knew the problem was bad but he never knew it was this bad. Deviants of all different models and genders. Most of them were adult androids. The odd one was the new prototype child android. He didn't stare too long. If he raised suspicion he would be caught even before he reached Markus. There were TVs showing the news and how the humans were reacting to the deviants. Some androids were watching. Others were standing by the fire. Some of them were receiving medical treatment from what they had to go through to make it here. If he had empathy for them it didn't matter. Only Markus. In the centre of the room he saw lots of C4 just stacked on top of each other. Piles and piles of it. What were the deviants planning to do with it? Either way, the ship was rigged which added a new layer of danger to the mission. He looked around and on the balcony, he saw the two Traci's. He mustn't let them see him. They will surely tell someone he is here.