#2: I love you, not him

AN: since these are not in chronological order Ive decided to put mini time stamps on the top of the chapter so you know where they lie in the story.

Year : 2040
Time since android revolution: one and a half years

Today was a big day. Everyone was nervous. Today the first new human recruit was starting their job at Detroit police department. It would either go amazingly well or horribly wrong. Over the past year and a half, the new recruits had been androids. The humans, such as Y/N and Hank who had stayed behind knew how to work harmoniously with androids... well, in Hank's case, almost harmoniously.
Would the new recruit treat the androids with the respect they deserved? Sure it was a crime to have hate speech aimed at androids but when was the anti hate speech ever put into practice over the many years.

"Police officer Jordan." Y/N read out loud looking at the name plate on the desk that was attached to hers. "Man or woman?" she asked. Hank chuckled.
"Man. Obviously."
"Why obviously?" Y/N asked.
"Because! Jordan is a man's name." Hank shrugged.
"Okay. There is two things wrong with that statement. One, I lived in that community home with a girl called Jordan, two, Jordan is their last name." Y/N sat back in her chair imagining a mic drop. Connor walked up to the two with a coffee in both hands.
"Police officer Jordan is in fact a man." He said passing one coffee to Y/N and the other to Hank. Since he was an android he didn't need to eat or drink like his human partners. Y/N put her coffee down on the desk.
"How would you possibly know that?" she took another look at the name plate. Nothing. She looked at the desk. It was empty. Since the new officer had not arrived there were no personal trinkets. Nothing would indicate they were a man. Y/N looked up at Connor. "Come on Sherlock. Tell me what makes you confident that Police officer Jordan is a man."
"I read the bulletin." He said confidently sitting down at his own desk opposite Hank's. Y/N's mouth opened like a fish.
"The bulletin? Do we even have one?" Y/N quickly turned her computer monitor on and checked her emails. There is was. Sitting in her inbox. A daily bulletin. "Police officer Joshua Jordan. Wow, his parents must have hated him." she chuckled to herself. She took a sip of her coffee and pulled a face. Hank looked down at his.
"Whats wrong with the coffee? Did the milk go sour again?" he looked at the coffee as if it may explode any second.
"No." Y/N sighed and went back to leaning in her chair. "Connor thinks I drink too much caffeine."
"It's not that I think. It is simply fact." Connor defended himself. He turned to look at Hank. "Did you know lieutenant that Y/N drinks 400x the recommended caffeine intake every day."
"That does not surprise me at all." He said with a chuckle drinking his fully caffeinated coffee. Y/N glared at the two men.

The three of them were in their own worlds when Police officer Jordan walked up to them. They didn't notice he was there until a little cough interrupted them. They looked at the man. His hair was light brown, almost ash-y coloured with little curls. His eyes were hazel and he stood at approximately 6 foot.
"Hello. I'm Joshua." He introduced himself. He was nervous. His hands held onto the strap of his bag fiddling with it. He must have been mid 20s. "I, Er, is this desk mine?" he pointed to the desk.
"Unless someone else with your name is starting today..." Hank replied. Joshua gulped and hesitantly sat down in the unoccupied chair. He was terrified of Hank, which is exactly how Hank liked it.
"I'm Joshua. Sorry, I already said that. My friends call me JJ."
"Joshua is just fine." Hank said. JJ looked down at the floor. Y/N extended her arm over the desk.
"My name is Y/N, pleasure to meet you." She shook his hand. "Mr grumpy over there is my partner Hank and the man with him is Connor, my other partner." JJ looked at the other men. Hank had his arms crossed. Connor lent forward in his seat.
"Hello. My name is Connor." He said. He hadn't met anyone new in a while. While his social skills had gotten better, his introduction skills had not. JJ looked at him.
"You're..." he began but stopped.
"An android." Connor finished. "I can see how this might be a shock to you to begin with but I assure you. Working alongside me will go smoothly." Connor reassured. JJ smiled at Connor.
"Well, going by the introduction, working with you Connor is going to be a lot nicer then..." he trailed off and looked at Hank. Y/N sniggered at the comment. Before any of them could say anything else the captain called from his office.
"Y/N, Jordan. Get in here!" Connor began to stand up. "Not you Connor. You can stay there." The captain quickly said. Y/N gave Connor a confused look before walking into the captain's office.