*Chapter 10*

First published: June 20th 2018
Last edited: 1st March 2022

AN: Hello, this is MysticAllen from the future. I wrote this chapter on the 22nd June 2018. I am here, on the 20th of September 2018 just to say, please stop telling me the water isn't red! Thank you.
AN 2022: I love the debate on if the water is red or not is still going 4 years later. No its not red but the pool tiles are red making it look red. #Aesthetic 

Words: 1915

The heater was on in the car the following morning, but it still wasn't enough. It was freezing. Y/N looked at her fingernails and could swear they were turning blue. They were driving to the famous Kamski estate. She was excited. When Chloe the android was first announced to the public Y/N was ten years old. The age most children are when they decide who their 'heroes' were. Who they looked up to the most. So she decided then that Chloe was her hero. She wanted to be just like her. Pretty and smart. Of course, those dreams were quickly shot down. When her father started to abuse her. But it was still exciting to be meeting the man who created Chloe.

Hank pulled up outside the house and climbed out answering his phone. Connor had his eyes shut in the passenger side. Probably creating a report. Y/N wished she could close her eyes and write a report. It would make work so much easier. When she was ready she climbed out of the car and instantly regretted it. It was even colder outside. Her toes were curled in an attempt to conserve heat and her hands were quickly put into her underarms. Connor got out of the car too and didn't even flinch. The cold didn't bother him. Hank turned to Y/N.

"Just got a call from the captain."
"What did he say? We aren't in trouble, are we? For what happened yesterday?"
"No, not that. Chris was on patrol last night. He was attacked by a bunch of deviants."
"Oh my god, is he okay?" Y/N said. She had heard about what happened at Capitol park and other major spots around Detroit. It was all over the news this morning. 

Overall it was a peaceful demonstration. The only harm that was done was to Cyberlife itself and the odd shop window that had androids on display. Nothing was broken. The only signs they had been there were slogans and signs of a peace symbol. The leader Markus was spotted with his skin activated. If he wanted to remain a secret then he no longer was.
"He's okay. He says he was saved by Markus himself."
"I'm glad. Markus seems like a good person to be leading the deviants. You know, rather than a murderous deviant." Hank agreed before walking towards the front door.

"How did you find Kamski?" Connor asked Hank.
"I remember this guy was all over the place when Cyberlife first started selling androids," Hank answered.
"Same here." Y/N agreed. "He was all over the magazines. I'm sure one of my friends even had a poster of him on her wall."
"All I had to do was make a few calls. Here we are." Hank raised his arms and lowered them again.
"I have a bad feeling about this." Connor admitted. "We shouldn't have come here." Y/N had to fight the urge to make a pop culture reference about androids having bad feelings but bit her tongue.

"Bad feeling huh?" Hank joked. "You might need to get that checked. Maybe a glitch." Hank pressed the doorbell which had a playful little melody to it. When nobody answered Hank went to ring it again but the door opened revealing Chloe. Y/N gasped. She looked exactly as she did all of those years ago. Okay, maybe she still was Y/N's hero.

"Hi," Hank said awkwardly. "I'm uh, lieutenant Hank Anderson, Detroit police, this is my partner Officer Y/L/N. We're here to see Mr. Elijah Kamski." She smiled an electronic smiled and opened the door farther so they could walk through.
"Please, come in." They stepped over the threshold and into the warmth. There was faint music playing in the background. "I'll let Elijah know you are here, but please make yourself comfortable." She went into another room leaving them behind.

"She is so beautiful!" Y/N said in awe.
"She seemed nice." Hank agreed.
"Yeah." Connor said absentmindedly.
"Nice place too." Hank said. "Guess androids haven't been a bad thing for everybody." Hank looked at Y/N with a knowing look. "So Connor. You're about to meet your maker." Y/N rolled her eyes. Was Hank nervous or something? He usually hated small talk. "What do you think?"
"Kamski is one of the great geniuses of the 21st century. It will be interesting to meet him in person."
"Sometimes I wish I could meet my maker face to face. There would be a couple of things I would want to tell him." Hank said sorrowfully.