*Chapter 9*

First published: June 22nd 2018
Last edited: 1st March 2022

Words: 968

AN: So, after killing Simon in the last chapter, I saw Bryan post the quiz about 'which character are you?' on buzzfeed... I got Simon... oops.
AN 2022: I love Simon. Why did I do this?

Y/N was chewing on the end of her pen. Not in a cute desk girl way. The plastic underneath her teeth was bending and snapping causing it to slowly shatter. The sounds of plastic splintering and cracking were the only sound in the office space. Hank hit his hands off his desk. Y/N jumped in surprise. 

"You're pissing me off Y/N," Hank said from his desk. Y/N mumbled an apology putting the pen down. She was okay for a while but soon began biting her nails.
"Lieutenant. Y/N seems to be displaying acts of stress of anxiety." Connor informed Hank.
"You don't say." Hank remarked.
"When stressed it is good for their own health if humans talk about what is making them feel that way." He pointed out. 

Hank sighed putting his notes down. Both he and Y/N had to write a case file about what happened on the roof earlier that day.
"Y/N." He said. She lifted her head from her notes. "Do you want to talk about why you are stressed?" His voice was over the top and dripping with sarcasm. Y/N raised an eyebrow at him.
"No?" She said. Hank lifted his arms in triumph and went to carry on writing his report.
"Humans lie." Connor simply said. 

Both humans sighed. Neither of them were really talkative people. Especially not in public and not sober.
"Connor." Y/N began. "I'm fine."
"You were abducted by a deviant and held at gunpoint. I understand why it could be a stressful situation. By the constant need to bite the objects around you, I can only come up with two explanations. You are teething or you are stressed. Since you have all of your teeth fully grown that makes the possibilities down to one. You are stressed." 

Y/N looked at him with a straight face. The way he spoke sounded too sincere was adorable. But the second she made eye contact with Hank she burst out laughing, Hank joined in too.
"I do not understand what is so funny," Connor said confused looking between the two humans.
"Connor," Y/N said. "You know so much about humans, but you have so much to learn." Connors LED turned yellow.
"What do you mean?"
"It might be true that humans feel better when they talk about things but... sometimes we are stubborn and don't want to?"
"But if its good for your health, why not?"
"Says you and every psychologist that has ever lived." Y/N chuckled. "Connor. You don't need to worry. I am okay. These things happen all the time. We are trained in what to do in a hostage situation. Even if that hostage is us ourselves." Connor remained silent. "But... Thank you for saving me."
"You're welcome Y/N." Connor said with a slight head tilt.

More time passed in the office. People spoke about the android's speech on TV and gave odd looks at Connor, which only resulted in Y/N glaring at them.
"I need you here early tomorrow Y/N," Hank said standing up and putting on his jacket.
"Are you telling me I need to be here early?" Y/N joked. "Who never gets here before noon?"
"If I recall..." Hank said crossing his arms. "You got up at 3PM today."
"One time! One time!" She laughed. Hank put his hand on her elbow signalling he wanted to talk quieter.

"Are you sure you are okay?" He asked out of earshot of everyone. 
"As okay as you can be," Y/N admitted. They both knew that being held up at gunpoint wasn't something that you could easily get over. "I'll be fine," Y/N said with a sigh. "I'll just go home. Watch some TV and sleep it off."
"If you need me..." Hank began. Y/N cut him off with a smile. 
"I know where you are." Hank nodded and left the station leaving Connor and Y/N alone. It was in that moment Y/N thought of a question. Y/N tilted her head at the android.

"Connor?" She said it in a tone that everyone knew was a question. 
"Yes Y/N," He answered sitting up.
"Where do you go on a night? When you aren't with us? Like, when we go home at night, where do you go?"
"I go back to cyberlife and enter low power mode until I am needed."
"Do you not read books or anything? Any hobbies?"
"I have over 1 billion books in my database." He replied. "I know all of them word for word."
"But have you ever read a book?" Connor looked at her.
"No." the air grew quiet.
"I know you wanted me to talk about how I felt earlier. But how do you feel?"
"I feel nothing. Androids have no emotions."
"You said, on that rooftop, that you felt scared." Connor paused in thought.
"A momentary problem in my software. It has been resolved." Y/N shook her head. There was no getting through. She put her coat on as it was her time to leave.
"I'll see you tomorrow Connor." She picked up her bag and walked over to him. He was a lot taller than her. She stood on her tiptoes and kissed his cheek. "Thank you again, for saving me tonight."

Software instability

"I will save you whenever you need it... for the sake of the mission of course."
"Of course Connor." She smiled. "Goodnight."

AN: Just a filler chapter. Don't worry. I will probably write more today. I just wanted to fill the time in as the tower and Kamski happen on different days.