I Will Protect My Little Kitten

Writer's P.O.V.
After that, Marcus bought the dress that Sophia was wearing. She was still passed out by the time he took her to his house.

Marcus's P.O.V.

I walked into my home carrying Sophia bridal-style. She was still passed out probably from the heat and embarrassment of that time. I walked into my simple but cozy room.

I set her on the bed and stared at her. To me she was a butterfly free and beautiful, shy but strong. I kissed her on her forehead in which she rubbed it with her right hand. She smiled. Such beautiful and gentle smile, it reminded me of the first and last beautiful memory I had as a little kid......

-flash back-

The clear blue skies made my eyes sleepy as I laid my head on my mother's lap. Her slim but gentle fingers stroke my cheek. Nudging me she showed me a bright golden butterfly that had landed on her finger. "My son aren't butterflies beautiful? Though they don't live for long, they know that they have a purpose. Do you know what that is Marcus?" My mother said while the butterfly flew away.

"No I don't Mom, will you tell me?" I asked clearly interested.

"Well son you'll find out the answer when you find your precious one." My mother said with a smirk and kissed my face all over.

"Stap!" I said trying to escape.

"Hey is a party going on here without me?" My Dad said picking me up from mom's clutches.

"DAD!"I screamed hugging his head.

"Hi big boy were you all waiting for long?" He said smiling.

"No," I said smiling back.

"Well we need to go home before Grandma starts to worry." Mom said walking towards the house.

"Yes Ma'am," dad said putting me on his shoulder and walking after her.

-back to the present-

that was the day before my parents were murdered.

-flash back-

I walked through the dark eerie mansion hall, at night, seeing that there was claw marks in the furniture and on the walls. I tripped and caught myself on the wall. I felt something warm, gooey and wet on my hands. When I lifted them and saw red dark liquid I sniffed it...

"Dad?"I whispered confused that his sent was on this mysterious liquid.

I crept to my parents door and saw something to my horror. The bed was broken in the middle, the furniture torn and thrown aside and right by the bay window laid my mother on the floor with blood in her hair, worry and love in her eyes looking straight at me. I looked for dad but he was laying down in the fire place. His body was burning up and he wasn't moving. I looked back at my mother in shock and pain.

"Son.... I love you...so.....RUN!!!"My mother mouthed at me.

I then saw this huge white bear turn around and growled at me it's icy blue eye watched me, since the other one had blood dripping out of it. It looked at my mother then me. It grinned with blood dripping out of its mouth and then it's jaws closed around my mother's head and.....

snapped her head clean off her body.

Just as it was about to pounce on me, when my arm was grabbed and the next thing I knew, was that Lisa was pulling me along to the secret passageways that only we could fit in.

-back to the present-

I sat up sweating. Looks like I had fallen asleep by Sophia but the thing was is that when I saw Sophia laying there peacefully asleep with her arm wrapped around my waist I felt so calm and complete.

I then and there decided I would protect her....even if that meant pushing her away.

*********
Sorry for the short chapter. Are y'all enjoying my book? Please don't forget to vote comment or share with others!