C H

"Riley!" Someone called

"Riley!" Someone called.The voice seeming too faraway, almost as if Riley was present at the place and not present at the same time.

"Riley!" The voice called again through the dark, this time seeming a little closer. But Riley couldn't seem too shake off the darkness. Her whole body felt numb,feelingless. But this time it was something different.

She felt light and airy as she drifted, some sort of prickles conquering her entire flesh. And then, she felt like she was slowly falling back down, until she finally felt settled. She woke up with a sharp gasp, as if she hadn't been breathing for a while.
Bright white light entered her as if her life had got back in. The light dimmed down, until she finally met with her white ceiling with silicon stars. And with that came a very worried face of Maria and also a very frightened Melissa.

Riley kept panting and blinking. She didn't know what happened to her that sent her all breathless like she had been drowning.

"Honey, why did you scream like that?" Maria asked, caressing Riley's face while she held it, she looked very worried. Her hair all messed up and sticking out from the morning's sleep .

"I-I don't remember.." Riley trailed off, lost.

Why did I scream at the first place ?

"Ugh! Don't scream like that!" Melissa snapped, her hair was also sticking out, and she looked as of she had heard a real banshee .

Gosh , did I scream that loud ?

It was weird seeing Melissa worried for her, specially since they stopped talking somehow years ago.

"It must've been a dream..." Maria concluded, caressing Riley on the arm.

The mother and daughters sat there for a few more minutes, worrying about Riley, while Riley tried remembering what she actually screamed to....and again, exactly at seven in the morning.

"I'll go make breakfast." Maria announced, getting up while rubbing her eyes, walking out the door.

Riley looked at Melissa, who stayed back. Riley expected her to leave any second but she didn't.

Her arms were folded and she was scrutinizing her with a hard expression.

"What?" Riley asked with a frown.

"Nothing...." Melissa replied, still standing on her place, as if trying to read her.
"What did you see?" Melissa asked. And Riley was surprised that she would even care to ask.

"I don't know...I really don't."

"Maybe....you do." Melissa replied back. And with that being said, she left and left Riley in a daze, her headphones still around her neck, still with his hoodie on. She clutched it around her more tighter.