The broken

*Tria's POV*

We sat in the cage, my mind empty, my heart empty, I couldn't feel any emotion, I had felt a twinge of loss when the alien had taken the Tamooch away, but now even that had left me, Aaron was sitting near me, looking out the open door of the ship, his endless muttering was beginning to make me grit my teeth.

He glanced over at me and physically flinched, I knew I needed to clear myself of my emptiness and say something, anything to him, "hey.. Uh.. Never mind" he grumbled, "hit me" I whispered, he looked at me his face scrunching in confusion his brown eyes wary, "hit me" I said louder a touch of aggression in my voice, he looked at his arm and shook his head, "JUST FUCKING HIT ME!!" I screamed, he reacted, he hit me, nice and hard, I collapsed and embraced the darkness.

Aaron was staring at me as I struggled to open my eyes, his eyes were red and puffy, but the feelings that flooded through me made me reach a high not even adrenaline could accomplish, "I'm sorry" he apologised, I gave him a smile, "no, I owe you thanks" I stated, he looked confused, the side of my face hurt but I could deal with that, it was then I noticed the sound of an engine and I looked at Aaron, "we've taken off haven't we?" I questioned, he gave a nod, he kept a wary look about him, as if he thought I would be mad, like I was when we had gone to the park, so to prove my thanks, I hugged him tightly, ignoring the tears I was crying, ignoring the sad and depressed feelings rushing into me, I needed to be here, I needed to adapt and I needed to keep going forward, and so I told Aaron just that.

I gazed at all the other pet species after I had released Aaron, there was one human, and that bothered me, I called out, and than again, and again, slowly the person turned to me, this was a boy, he had blood covering half of his body and his clothes were torn up, luckily his underwear remained in one piece, the boy had hard eyes, the blue colour seeming to turn grey with the hardness, his black hair hung over his shoulders, a mess of tangles and dirt, "what do you want" he growled, I was surprised by his aggression but I had changed I felt different, so I replied with my own aggression, "if I wanted your rudeness I woulda called you out for being companionless!", he stiffened and glared at me, "don't you dare bring that up! June put her life on the line for mine!" He shouted, his shoulders shook, which gave away his depression "sorry" I mumbled, Aaron was watching, and I found myself looking at Aaron, actually looking, I noticed it yesterday, when he had saved the child alien, he had changed like a switch had been flicked, his confidence and self assurance was incredible, he wasn't panicking, he looked at me with an almost relaxed look, like he had assured himself of my forgiveness for him hitting me and I gave him my best smile, feeling somewhat proud.

"Hey, whats your name?" Asked Aaron as a few minutes had passed, the boy looked at us, "Simon" answered the boy, Aaron nodded and they began to talk, about small things like cake and favorite colours as if they were preschoolers but it was only because anything else would bring up bad memories of being pets and surviving a day of war and having everything ripped away.

The ship would stop occasionally as pets were taken out and not brought back in, it made me worried and uncertain, but I had to assure myself the aliens wouldn't send us to a place to get hurt, why else would they rescue us. Soon it came to our stop, the alien who had helped us on board began unlocking the cage, keeping a wary eye on us in case we tried to escape, "this will be a temporary stay while we figure out were to place you, its here or the pet house, this method seems the most suitable for pets who are from any planet that is known for having efficient training methods" explained the alien, the translator on its ear flashing softly with each word, it slipped the weird harnesses on and lead us out simon crying out for him not to be left alone, "why not him?" I asked, "that pet will go to a pet house due to losing its companion" explained the alien and it handed us over to a furry alien with two legs and four arms, "this species you are going to is very arrogant, and their arrogance is actually why their planet is so well cared for, be good, there shall be a vet coming when the sun is up to ensure your good health" stated the alien before walking off back into the ship, the new alien we were brought to tugged us along with surprising strength.

After following it through dark streets as it seemed to be night we were led into a building and had our harnesses released the alien did a few confusing things to the wall and door before heading off, Aaron and I looked at each other before shrugging and sitting on the floor leaning against each other, the exhaustion was to much, I passed out.

I woke up to being pushed and looked up at the alien who was nudging me with its foot, I groaned and stood up, it patted my head a little to roughly and began to nudge Aaron, who opened his eyes and looked up his brown hair falling across his face, the alien nudged Aaron again who stood up finally, "what a weird awakening" I mumbled brushing the crust from my eyes, Aaron doing the same, the alien began speaking to us in a gruff sounding voice, I couldn't understand it but I tried to, Aaron attempted to walk away, the world slowed down as I could do nothing but watch as they alien grabbed Aaron probably in an attempt to repeat itself and not be ignored, but it went oh so wrong, as two of its strong arms grabbed Aaron, it barely had to squeeze to much Aaron didn't scream, but he gurgled, his face scrunched up confused as he lost feeling in his arm, I watched and I heard the bones crack, they shattered and it was then as the alien released him shocked and backing away that Aaron screamed, it was an agonised and terrifying scream, the world returned to normal and now it felt like everything was going to fast, the alien was scared, and upset it hadn't meant that, but even though I knew that, I ran for Aaron, even as the alien tried to approach to do whatever it thought it should do, I growled a human growl, people generally say they growled like an animal, no this was a human growl, a deep and angry growl, the alien flinched back, it wasn't so arrogant with this happening, and it was then the door was knocked on, the alien slowly opened the door, crying something out to the thing at the door, the thing entered, it was a vet, from the orangy alien species who had worked at the pet shops, it had the translator on its ear, rushing over to us it dropped its check up bags and began using a weird device and calmly jabbering into it, it approached Aaron who whimpered, I growled again, "shoosh, it'll be alright, we need to get him checked, you both will be sent to the pet house" explained the alien gently pushing me aside, I wasn't going to fight, especially knowing we get to leave this alien, it seemed to yell at the four armed alien who retreated into the house, with a quick examination of the arm the alien let out a shuddering breath "your companion is going to have to lose their arm, the whole thing is shattered, it is completely irreparable" explained the alien, how had it figured out that, what kind of technology did they have.

The howling of Aaron interrupted my thoughts, I held him tightly avoiding the destroyed arm, he cried into my shoulder his previous confidence and self assurance seemed to be broken, it didn't take long for other aliens to arrive gently they placed Aaron on a floating stretcher like device that followed an alien around, I followed them, none of the aliens prevented me and soon we stood in a ship, slightly smaller than the cargo plane like ship, but it somehow had a medical bay in it, I followed as Aaron was placed on a table and pinched my eyes shut as they quickly and painlessly removed his arm with a laser like tool, they scanned through a closet quickly and put something over it before doing other things which confused me, I was on the tips of my toes in anticipation, I didn't care if he lost an arm, I just wanted him to be alright, they soon sat him up, he had a white and grey robot arm replacing the spot his shattered arm had been, he flinched and closed the robotic fist, he moved it repetitively, it moved fluidly like a normal arm, and than it changed colour and looked like he had never lost an arm to begin with, he gaped at me before shivering, he was crying, loud sobs, I went to him and hugged him, I couldn't find any words.