The rescue house

Authors note:

Thank you guys so much for reading! I hope you have enjoyed the journey of a first book, if you want some casual and non serious toned pet stories, I am planning on writing a third book, with a more casual pet owning experience, over this violent and (rather fun to write) sensitive book.

Please vote if you enjoyed and leave a comment if you want to add something or are still really confused by something!

*Aarons POV*
*One month later*

I sat on the couch on the verandah, it was cozy in amongst the fluffy seat cushions, I wanted to lay down but Tria was laying her head on my lap, and she'd be annoyed if I moved, I learnt that from experience, just a week ago we were sitting here and she just casually rests her head on me and when I tried to move, she just complained at me, saying that if I keep moving She'll be sure to make me sit on the floor.
Its funny how things have changed, on that first week we had been pretty wary, even though we had slept with the alien, we still feared it, surprisingly all its done is let us sit around, eat, drink and even bathes us here so we don't need to be surrounded by strange aliens grabbing us and ignoring our cries for them to stop, at least this way its slightly less degrading.

Simon was grumbling about when the alien would get back, I looked at him, he was sitting beside me and Tria's legs were over his lap, "what's up?" I asked, "when's the alien coming back, I wanna go to the park" groaned Simon. Whenever the alien left, we had free range of the house, we were even allowed to sit on the verandah, we've never tried to run off, plus whenever it took us to the park we could meet other humans, it was actually a pretty good life here, why would we want to escape?

Mason was asleep leaning on my shoulder, he was breathing in my ear and I had to fight the urge to swat him away. At the sound of footsteps I looked towards the path that led to the verandah and saw the alien approaching, it looked at us with its weird smile, it was carrying something, and then I realised it was a human wrapped in a blanket, it walked into the house, Tria got up and followed, so did I and Simon, we woke up Mason who sleepily followed, the door opened for us and saw the alien placing the human on the bench, it was a 15 year old looking girl, she saw us and froze, fear in her eyes, we were confused by this response, she wasn't afraid of Tria who tried to reach the top of the bench with a few huffs, the girl continued watching us, the alien patted Tria's head and talked to the girl in its sweet voice it used to calm us down, it finally took the girl off the bench and set her beside Tria, the girl actually hid behind Tria, "hey, what's your name?" Asked Tria, the girl looked at her and mumbled something, before repeating it louder, "Shay", "hey Shay" greeted Simon, the girl didn't respond, Tria told Shay our names and led her around, showing her everything, Tria liked helping others so this was something to keep her occupied, me and the guys exchanged looks, "what do you think happened there?" Asked Simon, I shrugged watching the girls enter the bedroom, "you don't think she was....." Muttered Simon stopping himself at the word we were all thinking, "heh, we'll just have to wait and see" I stated, the alien grabbed our harnesses, it was obvious it was only taking us three on a walk, and happily, Simon let the alien place on his harness, it trusted us without leashes, but we still had to wear harnesses, I guess it sides as a collar.

I was walking out of the bedroom and brushed past Shay, she squeaked, this is how its been for the past week and it was getting on my nerves, so I punched the wall beside her head, her eyes big and terrified, the alien watched, not making a move to intervene, the others gawked at me, "will you shut up! I don't care what you've been through! Stop acting like we're the same as whoever hurt you!" I yelled, she flinched, she had tears in her eyes, I pulled away and stormed off, I heard Shay run over to Tria, Simon was calling out to me, I didn't care, I was sick of someone thinking me so weak I would hurt them for no reason, I guess I did still have a piece of my old self.