Finding love

I'm posting this for childofthesky - twitter
I wasn't going to but here it goes lol I'm incredibly nervous but I hope you like it . I haven't written anything like this or at all lol. All spelling errors are mine and auto correct . Reviews are welcome and please be honest even though I'm a nervous wreck I want to know if I should continue or just leave it

.............................................................................

Alec lightwood took being a shadowhunter very seriously . He was just appointed head of the New York institute and he couldn't be happier . Everything he worked his whole life for was finally falling into place . At this very moment he was trying to get a downworlder meeting set up at the claves requested . They wanted to Ask each of them to work together to make the world safer for mundanes because the demonic levels had peaked a little .

After Sending each fire messages to the leaders he continued on with the rest of his work so he could head to the training room for a quick work out before bed . He was just about to finish when he received a message regarding the meeting and it was none other than the high warlock of Brooklyn himself Magnus bane , Informing him he will be at the meeting along with the leader of the wolf pack , the seelie queen herself & Raphael the new leader of the vampires .

Alec met the high warlock of Brooklyn once before . At a dinner party his parents put together for the downworlders as a peace offering yet another clave request but as it seems Alec was quite smitten with Magnus from the moment he laid his eyes on him . He never believe in love at first sight but when he saw Magnus from across the room he felt something in him change . At first he just thought it was his alpha sense playing a trick on him but when Magnus came up to him and greeted him he knew it was more then just his alpha sense playing tricks .

Magnus took Alec's hand and they both felt a spark , a connection and they couldn't let go of each other they just stared in complete amazement until Izzy came over after watching the whole thing transpire and she knew exactly what had just happen they were a fated pair they were soulmates . They belong to each other and no one else .

Izzy walked over to the couple and introduced herself . Magnus without taking his eyes off Alec reached out to shake her hand . Izzy continued to watch the two and she felt nothing but pride in her brother for so long he hide himself and finally he found his once , his mate . Alec was the first one to speak up , My name is Alexander but everyone calls me Alec this is my sister Isabelle but we call her Izzy from time to time , Alec laughed trying to make a joke without moving his eyes away .
Magnus was so lost in Alec that he had to blink a couple of time and to ask him to repeat everything again . Izzy just laughed and spoke up , I'm Isabelle but you can call me Izzy this here is my dear brother Alexander but you can call him Alec . In that moment Magnus decided that Alexander was the perfect name for this perfect human being and decided he would always calling him by Alexander and nothing else in his opinion Alexander was a beautiful name . Magnus then started to finally talk again and said Well hello Izzy and Alexander it is lovely to meet you both . Looking back at Alec he announced , I hope you don't mind me calling you that Alec is just so informal . Alec just shock his head because he liked the way Magnus said his name he liked it a lot and wouldn't mind hearing him say it just like that for the rest of his life .

Izzy then decided to leave the two of them alone so they can get to know each other better but Alec didn't realized his sister left until after 20 minutes from when she initially left , he was just staring at Magnus and eventually he started talking again trying to get to know Magnus a little better . Finally Magnus said something , Alexander I believe we are a fated pair and honestly I couldn't be happier everything in me has woken and it's like I have been searching for you my whole life it's like all the piece that have been missing are finally together again I hope this makes sense . Alec's couldn't speak he couldn't breathe because he felt the same thing so he just smiled and nodded his head and continued to smile and stare at this beautiful man in front of him . This was the last time Alec saw Magnus which was a week ago today .

Once Alec received the fire message announcing Magnus would be there he felt excited because he decided that tomorrow would be the day he asked Magnus bane , high warlock of Brooklyn out on a date . He knew they were meant to be but he wanted to get to know Magnus more the real Magnus not what was in the institutes books or research he found . He was beyond excited , Leaving his office he went to the training room for a while shooting his arrows dead and using the punching bag before eventually heading to bed with thoughts of Magnus and his excitement. He wanted to take this leap , he wanted to take the chance and he wanted to risk it all for a man he only encountered once .