Chapter-9

Christian's POV-

I am really not ready to get married right now, but seeing happiness on grandma's face is the most content feeling I have ever felt. If that source of happiness is Smriti, then be it. As it is, I am incapable of loving anyone.

" Brother, we all are so happy with your decision to marry Smriti. By what I have made out, she is a really simple and down to Earth girl. Exactly what you want." Mia said as she entered my room.

" Do you want anything?" I asked her.

" Yes, get ready. We are going to buy engagement rings. As soon as Smriti gets back, Engagement will take place and then the weddings!! " She said excitedly.

" Weddings?" I questioned.

" Yes, the church wedding and hindu wedding." Mia said simply.

" Not happening. I will only marry once in the church." I declared.

" Christian, grandma wants a Hindu wedding too." She whined.

" This is the first time that I don't have control on the people around me." I said.

" It's okay brother, enjoy this too." Mia said dramatically.

I then got ready and we started for the address given by Mr Sharma for the rings.

" Christian, at least show some interest. It's you who is getting married." Mother said.

" Mother, you are very well aware about the condition." I said.

" Son, don't worry. I'm doing what is best for you." Grandma said.

We reached the store within 45 minutes.

The rings were selected.

" Mrs Grey, you can decide the wedding date." Mrs Sharma said.

" Mrs Sharma, let's keep it after 2 months." Mother said.

" As you feel convinient." Mr Sharma said.

We were about to leave when Mrs Sharma invited us all for dinner for tomorrow. 

" We will be there Archana." Grandma said and then we started for the hotel.

Mia's POV-

 Mrs Sharma had invited us for dinner. Currently, I'm nagging my brother to get ready.

" Fine Mia. Get out of the room." He said.

I rolled my eyes and went to mom.

We reached the Sharma Mansion soon.

 Mrs Sharma introduced us to Smriti's best friend, Sanskaar was also present in the house.

" Why don't you children take a stroll in the house while we elders discuss some things." Grandma said.

" Sanskaar, show me Smriti's room." I said.

" Sure." He said.

" Brother, come along." I said, addressing Christian.

" You carry on, I've to make some calls." He said.

I rolled my eyes and dragged him along with us.

" Okay Sanskaar, you must me knowing some embarrassing stories of Smriti, so spill!" I said.

" I don't have a death wish so soon." He responded.

" Come one! One story won't hurt." I said.

" Fine. But just 1 and Smriti should not know that I've told you." He said.