Chapter-36

Smriti's POV-

I asked him to stay and he did. When I woke up the next morning, he was sleeping next to me. He looked so peaceful while sleeping.

I was being a creep and staring at him. His features were as sharp as those........ I don't know what.

" Mrs Grey, take a picture, it lasts longer." He said, without opening his eyes.

I quickly averted my gaze.

" I was not staring." I mumbled.

" Yeah, sure." He said.

I quickly got up from bed and went to washroom to freshen up.

" Smriti, your mom is calling you downstairs." Mia said, knocking the door.

" I'll be down in 2 minutes Mia." I told her.

" Smriti, are you okay?" She asked.

" I will be okay, don't worry about me." I said.

" Mia listen, please come in and help me with this stupid top, my shoulder and hands are injured so I am unable to do it." I said.

" Sure." She said, entering the room.

She helped me with the top and then we went downstairs.

Smriti's Attire-

" Good morning doll, how are you?" Mumma asked

" I'm fine mumma." I said. Genuinely, I am not. Those voices from the blast, the images of those dead and injured people and the failure is still haunting me.

" Smriti, today is your Haldi ceremony. I know you have to go for work but come here at 5. The ceremony starts at 7. Also, get all your friends." Grandma ordered.

" I am going to call in sick today." I said.

" The maybe you can take me for shopping?" Mia asked.

I nodded my head positively.

We had breakfast.

" Let's go." Mia exclaimed. I took my car keys.

As we were about to get out, I saw Sanskaar entering with a girl.......wait, is that Manyatha?

" Sanskaar, how did you monkey manage to actually get with her? She is so pretty!" I exclaimed.

" Hello Smriti, I've heard so much about you." She said as I forwarded my hand for a shake.

She looked on confused.

" Smriti, for god's sake, neither is she your co-worker nor your boss.!" Sanskaar exclaimed.

I took her into a hug.

" Where are you guys going?" Manyatha asked.

" Shopping!" Mia squeaked.