Epilogue

Smriti's POV-

" Love, let's go. Everyone is waiting downstairs." Christian said as he walked towards me while I was trying to wear my sandals. 

" Allow me." He said, bending on a knee as I kept an arm on his shoulder.

I had been five years since we were married and each and everyday, he managed had managed to make me fall in love with him all over again. We have had our fair share of arguments about my work and his control freak habits sometimes but yet, at the end of the day, he would just come over, kiss my forehead or peck my lips to make it alright. 

" Where are you lost?" I heard him address me as I looked at him.

He was now seated beside me.

" Ahh." I felt a kick from within my abdomen which instantly sent Christian in panicking mode.

" What happened Smriti? Are you fine. Let me call the doctor." He said, immediately getting up while I grabbed his arm to stop him.

" Don't worry Christian, it's nothing. This little devil is kicking me." I told him keeping is hand on my stomach. 

I was just a week away from my due date.

" Mommy, daddy see I am ready. Grandma helped me!" Clarissa hoped into the room.

" Aww my baby looks so beautiful! Come here." I said as she walked to me.

I put a kaala teeka on the back of her ear to protect her from bad omens.

" You look so pretty momma!" She said, lightly hugging me, trying not to come very near to my belly. I just chuckled at her and pulled her closer.

" Okay, okay ladies. I am also here." Christian complained.

" Come on daddy!" Clarissa shrieked and he hugged the both of us.

I clearly remember that day when she was born three years ago. I was eight months pregnant and in labor. This little angel of mine had come in my arms one month early. Initially, she was very week but she made it. It was the first time I saw tears in Christian's eyes as he held her for the first time in his arm and muttered Clarissa.

That is how she was named.

" I am sorry to ruin this cute moment but all of you are being waited for downstairs guys." Mia said, popping her head in the room.

She got married last year to Rick Morris, Christian's CFO and was currently nine months pregnant and due anytime now.

" Aunt Mia!" Clarissa immediately ran to her and hugged her legs. I just chuckled.

" Aww, my baby. How much I want to just pick you up and twirl you right now!" She whiled.

" Let's get down." Christian was the first to walk towards the door and picked Clarissa up.

He loved her more than he loved anybody, even me and I love this about him.

" Guys, we may want to hold on to the thought of going downstairs right now. I water just broke." Mia announced, looking pale.

" Oh my god Mia! We need to go to the hospital right now!" I exclaimed.

" Guys, it's your party going on downstairs. Go and attend the guests, just send Rick up here and we will go to the hospital." She rambled.

" Nonsense Mia! We are leaving for the hospital. I'll go and see." He said while walking downstairs and I waited there with Mia, making her sit down for a while.

" Smriti, does it hurt very much?" She asked, looking paler, if possible.

" Don't think about the pain Mia, just think about the little prince that will be in your arms in the next few hours. Besides, everyone is here for you." I tried to assure her as I got some water for her