Chapter- 39

Smriti's POV-

As I reached downstairs, I saw what I would have never imagined even in my farthest dreams.

Sanjay sir was getting told off by his wife, i.e. Sunaina's mom, Mansi's mom and my mom together for the risks he put us all into. It was a funny banter but later, when Sanjay sir will be in a bad mood, it may turn out to be deadly for us. Mansi was not present here and Sunaina was out of sight too.

" My mumma has gone nuts." I whispered to Christian.

" What?" He asked, a little amused by the scene going on in front of him.

" That man getting told off there is my boss." I said and went towards them.

I gave an apologetic look to sir.

" Mumma, back off." I whispered in her ears.

Meanwhile, Sunaina and Chaitra had got out of the kitchen. Sunaina saw what was going on and was enjoying it all. It must be a regular sight for her. I chuckled loudly at my thoughts.

" Ms. Sharma, what are you finding so funny?" Sir asked seriously.

" Chill dad. Its not a common sight for her." Sunaina said, making fun.

Finally the banter was broken and the housekeeper had served lunch.

" How are you ladies planning to eat?" Carrick asked.

" Dear, our husbands will feed us." Grace said.

" Then Mia?" Carrick questioned.

" Christian." Grace replied.

" Then Smriti?" Carrick spoke up again.

" I'll help Smriti." Rajat volunteered.

" Fine." Carrick said.

Rajat did make me eat but I could constantly feel Christian's gaze on me.

Throughout, it felt like Christian was burning holes into Rajat's back. I saw this and thought of teasing Christian a little bit.

" Rajat, do it properly na." I whined.

" I am doing it just perfect." He said.

I showed him my tongue.

" I'm done. Now help me get up." I said.

" Smriti, I am sure that you are perfectly capable of getting up without my help." He said.

" But I don't want to. I'm tired." I complained.

" Fine." He sighed, still trying to decipher why I was suddenly acting strange.

He was just about to lift me up when I heard Christian's voice.

" Come, I'll take you." He said in a deep baritone, as if challenging me to deny his almost order.

" No, plus there is a rule that the groom cannot see the bride after her haldi ceremony. Mumma, how could you forget this?" I spoke dramatically.

" You are right Smriti! How could I forget this!!" Mumma exclaimed.

I smirked.

" Rajat beta you take Smriti to her room, and Smriti NO TANTRUMS. Also, now till tomorrow afternoon you are not to leave the room and show your face to anyone. This is a ritual too." Mumma ordered.

" Great Smriti, you have dug your own grave, now go and lie in there." I muttered to myself.

It was Christian's chance to smirk.