Chapter- 43

Smriti's POV-

I was on my way to Colaba Causeway with Namit. He knew the area damn well.

" Smriti, I know you must be tired of all the marriage rituals but you need to be focused and keep your eyes and ears open." He instructed.

" I know man." I replied.

" I don't understand what they all are planning that too on the same date when they know that security will be on full red alert mode today." He said.

" They are just trying to prove their point that they can easily make a fool out of RAW India again, but this time they don't know who they have taken head on." I said.

" Smriti, now is the time when we need to divert. You go left, I'll take the right." He said as we walked further.

I nodded.

I started walking. Damnit! There are so many people who have come here for shopping. I have to make sure that no mishaps take place.

" Agents, you can expect everything here. You may even find human bombs, snipers etc. Pay attention." I heard Sanjay sir saying it on the Bluetooth.

" Yes sir." I said.

I was just randomly having a look at various shops so that it does not look suspicious.

I started having a look at some bracelets in a shop. They all were very pretty.

Casually, I picked a necklace from the basket and there it was, the fucking time bomb.

I can't panic. I just can't.

" How much for this necklace tai?" I asked the lady.

" 200 rupees child." She said.

I paid her the amount and took the necklace along with me to a secluded area.

" Sanjay sir come in please." I whispered.

" Yes Ms. Sharma." He replied through the Bluetooth.

" Sir, there is a bomb in a necklace here." I said.

" Listen to me very carefully Smriti, go to the public toilet which is near the 3rd lane. Behind it, you will find the bomb squad. Take the necklace immediately to them. Also, if there is bomb, it means that the snipers are there too to make sure that the bomb is not found by anyone and now you are under their radar. I permit you to shoot them at sight. Make sure no civilian comes to know about this and gets hurt. The last thing we want is the mad rushing of a panic striven crowd." Sir said.

" Yes sir." I said and walked up to the given location.

" This is the bomb." I said. The man nodded and all of them started working upon it.

I was looking all around when I herd bullet shots being aimed at our direction.

" Take cover behind me and diffuse the bomb as soon as possible." I shouted and took my gun out.

There were 3 men against me.

" Namit, come here immediately to lane 3." I yelled in the Bluetooth.

" But Smriti, I am dealing with three gunmen here in the side market." He said.

" Damnit, this means that there are total of 12 attacks scheduled." I shouted.

I have to deal with the jerks by myself.

" Mam, the bomb is almost diffused." The man said.

" Good work. Just do it ASAP." I instructed.