Chapter- 46

Smriti's POV-

As it was touchdown New Delhi, we were summoned to the RAW headquarters from the airport. The Prime Minister along with the Defense and Home Minister were supposed to join the meeting along with the defense chiefs. This only indicated that Mission Gagan was huge.

" I think this is airstrike." Rajat said as we drove to the headquarters.

" I think the same too. It has to be airstrike because there is no other way that we will be able to teach the neighbors a lesson without violating the international laws regarding border crossing violation." I agreed.

As we reached the headquarters, the meeting had already started and out of courtesy, we waited outside.

" Smriti, what do you think is going on inside?" Sunaina asked.

" Plans, policies and what not...!" I whispered back.

" Hmm." She responded.

We waited for two hours for the meeting to wind up. As soon as it did, we went to Sanjay sir to ask about further orders.

" There is going to be a airstrike by the airforce followed by a warning. Our involvement is that a team of officers will go to our neighbors coverted to see and assess the situation there. Mansi, Smriti, Rajat and Fahim. Sunaina and Lakshya will fly back to New  York to take charge there and start working. You four will join them there after this mission." Sanjay sir informed. 

I nodded.

" Sir, how many days are we supposed to stay there?" I asked.

" Just two days. Mansi will be in Lahore, Smriti in Karachi, Rajat in Peshawar and Fahim in Peshawar. Just make your readings and come back. Job done. You leave in four hours. Go and pack. Your fake passports and ID's will be handed over to you when you come here after you pack." Sir said.

This means that I'll have to go home.

I took a cab, praying in the way that mumma does not almost get a panic attack seeing me here.

I rang the bell and mumma did open the door.

" Hey Mumma." I said.

" Smriti, what are you doing here? Were you not supposed to be at your honeymoon?" She asked.

" Can't tell mumma. Anyways, I need to leave so help me pack." I said, getting in.

" Fine. You go and pack and by that time I'll get you something to eat." She said.

I nodded at her and went upstairs.

I packed some essentials and mumma got me puri and mutter paneer to eat. Yumm

" Mumma, I'll be back in two days." I said.

" You'll come here?" She questioned.

I nodded.

" Then when to NY?" She asked.

" Probably on 5th." I said.

" Take care my doll." She said and I hugged her.

" I'll see you soon. Byee mumma." I said before getting into the cab.

The driver dropped me and I went inside.

" Smriti, you are Nazima Sheikh for the next two days. Twenty eight years old and a teacher in a nearby school. Here is your passport, fake ID and the fake school identity card." Sunaina handed over them to me.

I took the burkha from my cubicle and we started leaving.

" Team, your airport clearance has been made. You will have assistance there. If you feel like you are getting caught, probably your cover has been blowed. All you need to do is to go to the Indian Embassy and you will have all the support there. Am I clear?" Manish sir asked.