Chapter- 45

This chapter is dedicated to the martyrs of the Pulwama attack in Kashmir which was very cowardly executed by a country which likes to live in denial. 

Also, some of you may not like this chapter because their honeymoon will be postponed to the 47th chapter. This chapter, the only thing I wish to do is to pen down what exactly I think should be done to avenge the lives of our soldiers, who were more  precious to us than the kohinoor.

🇮🇳🇮🇳🇮🇳🇮🇳🇮🇳🇮🇳🇮🇳🇮🇳🇮🇳🇮🇳🇮🇳🇮🇳🇮🇳🇮🇳🇮🇳🇮🇳🇮🇳🇮🇳🇮🇳🇮🇳🇮🇳🇮🇳🇮🇳🇮🇳🇮🇳🇮🇳🇮🇳🇮🇳

Smriti's POV-

We had already started for  the airport. Christian was busy on his phone.

" What are you doing?" I asked.

" Just replying to some emails." He said.

" Great." I muttered.

He then looked towards me and put his arm across my shoulder.

" Baby, I am finishing everything before we reach. Later, all my time will be yours." He said, pecking my lips.

" Please tell me where are we going?? I hate secrets!!" I whined.

" No." He said.

" Pretty please..." I started.

" No Mrs. Grey." He said.

" Fine." I said.

Then how could my phone ever be silent for more than 45 minutes? It rang. I was Mansi.

" Hello Mansi, you reached New York with Lakshya?" I asked her.

" Smriti, the situation here in Kashmir was worsened. The army convoy has been attacked 2 minutes back. It was a suicidal one." She said.

" What the hell! Casualty?" I shouted.

This is disgusting. We as Indians never initiate wars but are very well capable of answering to these nuisances. This fact is always ignored by the neighbours!

" No estimated number. But due to the nature of the blast, it can be as high as 50." She said.

" I am coming." I said.

" You need to. Sanjay sir has asked. He is drafting the mail to you to cancel your leaves. We all are needed here." She said. I hung up.

" Christian...." I started.

" What the hell happened Smriti? You are shaking." He said, holding me by my shoulders.

" Human bomb blast. I need to be there." I said.

" Okay, but calm down." He said.

" Taylor, water." He demanded.

I was really zoned out for a minute or two. He made me have water.

My cell went off again. It was Manish sir this time.

" Ms. Sharma, you flight ticket has been booked and sent to you. Check it out. You need to board in an hour. I have had a talk with the security there. You will be allowed. Had to get the earliest flight possible booked for you today. These ba*tards need to be taught a lesson." He said.

" Sir. Jai Hind Sir." He said.

" Christian I am really sorry. I cannot really balance my work life and personal life with the kind of work area I am in." I apologized.

" It's okay Smriti, we can always go to our honeymoon once you get back, but then I am not leaving you." He said.

" I did tell you earlier than you are free to reject me." I sighed.