four

"Why don't you smell like the rest of the Cullens?" Sam asked

"I can barely smell leech on you," Embry said.

Iris simply smiled as she bit into the muffin again. "That's my power. Being more human than a vampire should be is my power. It's not really good for anything. I can start my heart again to make it seem like I'm human. I can hide the color of my eyes and my smell. I can sleep if I want to, I can eat if I want to - and it won't taste like shit."

"What about the happiness thing?" Embry asked. "I feel like I'm getting high."

Iris giggled, her giggle bringing a smile to Emily's face, which Sam noticed.

"You'll get used to it. Edward was so sick of me when we first met. We fought a lot at first. He hated how happy I was because it gave him headaches. Now, he's used to it. You'll get used to it too - if we keep seeing each other, that is. But I don't look at being happy as a power. I think it's something people should just be!" she chirped, earning a groan from Quil.

"That one hit me hard," he said. "That was a ray of positivity."

"Sorry," she said. "Even as a human, I've tried to make people happy. It was harder - obviously - but I tried. When I was reborn, I guess that hobby of mine only followed me. Since I answered your question, can I ask one in return?" Iris asked Sam.

He nodded.

"Why am I allowed to cross the border?"

Paul's head immediately snapped to his alpha.

"Your family didn't tell you?" Sam asked.

Iris shook her head. "Edward said they'd tell me soon, but I don't know when soon is," she said with a frown. "Is someone going to answer my question?"

Sam looked at Paul. Paul nodded as he turned to face Iris. It wasn't Sam's responsibility to tell her why.

"Why don't you come to this campfire thing tonight?" Paul asked. "They're telling legends and there will be food. Your question will be answered then."

Iris pursed her lips. "Okay, if it doesn't bother you guys. I'd hate for Embry and Quil to get knocked out with my happiness."

Paul couldn't hate her - as much as he originally wanted to. Her happiness was just making him so damn happy with the fact that he found his soulmate. If she didn't have that power, he would probably be angry and resentful.