eighteen

Iris hummed as she walked through the woods

Iris hummed as she walked through the woods. She was on her way to Paul's house for their first date. Although, she didn't deem it as a date. She just called it "hanging out."

Even if Alice didn't like the shifters, she still helped Iris get ready. Alice just knew that Iris would be happy with Paul.

Iris knocked on his door. A woman opened it with a bright smile. Iris smiled back at her. The woman's happiness was contagious.

"You must be Iris. I've heard a lot about you from Paul. My name is Jen. I'm Paul's mother."

Iris stuck her hand out. "It's nice to meet you, Jen."

Jen stared at her hand before pulling on her hand to hug her. Jen gave her a tight hug. "He better take good care of you. Look at how small you are. One night, you're going to come over for dinner."

Iris chuckled. "Yes, Ma'am."

Paul walked down the stairs, immediately groaning once he saw his mother hugging Iris. "Mom, really? Let go of Iris. You're probably weirding her out."

Jen huffed as she let go of Iris. Iris walked into their home, looking around with eyes filled with curiosity.

"I'm just glad you're actually on a real date with a nice girl, Paul. You're not going to take her vir - "

"Okay, Mom, please stop," Paul said. "And it's not a date. We're just hanging out."

Jen waved her son away as she grabbed her car keys. "Well, your sister is having a sleepover and I'm going to catch a movie with Sue - as you requested. You have the whole house to yourselves this night. If I find you naked with her when I come back, you don't get access to the liquor."

Paul rolled his eyes. "I'll still find a way into the cabinet. Come on, Mom, let's get you going. Let's not keep Sue waiting."

Jen rolled her eyes as she walked out of the house and into her car. Paul turned around to face Iris, but she was gone.

Paul heard clattering in the kitchen, so he walked in to see Iris going through his fridge.

He chuckled. "What are you doing?"

She poked her head out. "I got hungry."