nine

Iris was waiting around in Sam's house with Emily fluttering around her in the kitchen, cooking up whatever she could

Iris was waiting around in Sam's house with Emily fluttering around her in the kitchen, cooking up whatever she could. Iris walked around the household, trying to spread her happiness around, but she didn't have much happiness to give. Once she figured out that she wasn't going to be spreading much, she sat on top of the kitchen counter as Emily ran all over the small kitchen.

Iris watched, a small smile on her face. Jacob's teeth marks were still visible, but she tried not to pay attention it.

Emily sighed, putting her hands on her hips as she impatiently stared at the timer. "I'm mad at this timer and I'm mad at Jacob," she suddenly said. "Would it be too much to ask of you to give me some happy?"

Iris immediately smiled. "No problem! No one ever really asks for my happiness! I just do it! You're so nice, Emily."

Emily sighed happily, a relieved sigh leaving her lips. "Top it off with a kiss from Sam, and I'll feel even better."

"Your wish is my command," he suddenly said as he entered the house.

He made his way to the kitchen and kissed her on the lips. He smiled at her before looking at Iris, who was still sitting on the counter.

"I can basically taste your happy all over the house," Sam said. "Thanks for that. I'm sure we'll need it for as long as possible."

Iris nodded with a smile. "No, thank you! You helped me when Jake was ready to tear my head off! I'm not ready to go yet," she said. "I still have lots of people to happy-fy. Until then, I won't be going anywhere soon. But no offense, I don't like Jake," she said with a pout. "He makes my happy disappear so easily."

"You and me both," Paul scoffed as he walked into the room.

She smiled at Paul, welcoming his presence into the room. She decided to ask curiously, "What happened to Jake?"

Paul grunted, walking over to the counter to lean over it. "We decided to just stay clear of each other for a while. I think it's best." He eyed her arm. "Are you okay?"

Iris nodded. "It doesn't hurt as much anymore. I wish my reflexes were fast enough to turn off my humanity during that time," she said. "It would have hurt less."

"We'll try to keep Jake as far away from you as possible, but he knows how to dodge my commands," Sam said.

Iris nodded. "I'm more worried about Bella than Jacob. He just keeps pegging after her. Doesn't he know when to quit?"

Paul snorted. "Clearly, you've never met Jacob."

Iris's mouth felt dry as she decided to say something she wasn't sure how to say. "Did - um - did someone imprint on me?"

Paul and Sam tensed, as Emily sucked in her breath.

"Yes," Sam breathed out. "But I can't tell you who."

"Is it Embry?" Iris asked.

"Why would it be Embry?" Paul snapped.

Iris shrugged and fiddled with the ends of her dress. "He's sensitive to my happiness. Somehow, my happiness is hurting him. If he didn't imprint on me, then I think something might be wrong with Embry."

"Embry wasn't the one who imprinted on you," Paul said. "But yeah, we should check out what's wrong with Embry."