thirty-one

It was time for Iris to confront her old coven

It was time for Iris to confront her old coven. She was afraid of how they would behave and what they would say, but she had to get it over with.

She wanted to know how they felt about her leaving. She needed closure.

So there she was, standing in front of the Cullen house, wearing an actual pair of jeans and a shirt, instead of her usual dress.

They all smelled her. They could smell her vampire side. She was scared of them.

Iris wasn't in her human form or her hybrid form. She was scared of her old family, so she was fully vampire.

Carlisle opened the door. "Why don't you come in, Iris?"

She nodded and flashed over to him, immediately walking into the household. She was greeted by the Cullens who were scattered around in the living room.

Emmett smiled reassuringly, bringing her in for a hug. Iris treasured the moment, hugging him back with the strongest squeeze she could muster.

"No matter how hard you try, your strength is nothing compared to mine," he replied.

She pouted and smacked his back. He chuckled and let go, leaving her to stare at them.

"You look beautiful, Bella," Iris said. "I'm sorry I wasn't here to help you with your transition."

"It's okay. You've done enough for me when I was human," Bella responded.

"Is that why you're here?" Edward suddenly questioned after reading her thoughts. "You think you're not wanted by us?"

Jasper could feel her emotions; shock, embarrassment, and guilt. "Leave her thoughts alone," Jasper retaliated to Edward. "Let her talk."

"Edward's right though. I don't belong here anymore. Not after what I've done - just leaving you guys when things got hard. I should have stayed because things were hard, not run away. I should leave this coven - correctly."

"Iris," Esme whimpered, "you left for love, not because you were scared. We could all see that. Come back to us. We don't care that you're in love with Paul."

Iris shook her head. "I don't think I deserve a spot in this coven anymore. And I know how some of you feel about the wolves. You don't like them. I was very happy in my time with you guys. You were my family."

"And we still are," Carlisle said. "Coven or not. But I do want you to think carefully about this, Iris. You can still be apart of this coven and be with Paul. I wouldn't mind if you moved in with him, as long you still visit us. Being in a coven isn't about being there physically. It's about the bond you share with the members. Even if we move, you'll still feel us, as we'll feel you."

Iris stayed silent. "I don't think you guys would want to feel me. I've done nothing but hurt you."

"We still love you, Iris," Rosalie spoke up. "Even if you love a mutt. You were the happiness in our lives. Don't leave us."

"I thought you hated me."

"Iris, I never hated you. I was angry with you, but... I guess we'd do just about anything for love."

Iris smiled softly. "If a majority of you would like me to stay within the coven, then I'll stay. But I'll move in with Paul."

"Who would like Iris to stay?" Carlisle questioned.

Everyone raised their hands. Carlisle smiled at Iris, hugging her.

"Looks like you're staying," he said.

"I guess so, Dad."

Iris's life was complete. There would be no danger to her relationship with Paul, but in the near future, there would be a great danger to her coven and the pack. The red coats would gather together to fight them. However, they would be ready for it.

[A/N - 09/09/2018: thank you for reading Humanity! Thank you for coming on this journey with me!]