twenty-two

Two hours later, near the end of the wedding, Iris found Paul at the buffet - without Emmett

"Are you two friends yet?" Iris asked.

Paul chuckled as he shoved a chocolate ball into her mouth. "He invited me over to watch the game with him tomorrow."

Paul waited a moment for Iris to swallow the chocolate.

"So did you accept?" Iris asked.

He shrugged, a smirk on his face. "I don't know. Should I?"

Iris pouted. "Yes. Yes, you should."

Paul walked away from her, looking behind his shoulder with a grin. He could see her sulking.

"Give me a kiss on the cheek and I'll think about it," he whispered.

Iris rolled her eyes. "Why must you always play games?"

She quickly followed after him, weaving through the crowd of people to reach Paul.

"Well, if you keep moving like that, I won't be able to land a kiss on you," Iris said.

Paul chuckled as she swiftly turned around, but kept his feet grounded where he currently was standing. Iris had a pout on her face as she walked up to him. She got on her tip-toes, but still couldn't properly reach him.

"Can I get some help?" she muttered.

He smiled and lifted her up. Iris kissed his cheek softly, then tried to get out of his embrace, but he wouldn't let go. She scowled and peppered his cheeks with more kisses, before he was satisfied. Some people saw and quickly looked away, others looked at them and wished they could have that - mainly Seth.

"Are you going to come over, then?" Iris asked.

Paul could feel her happiness radiating from her. He nudged his nose against her nose.

"Yeah, I'll come."

Iris let out a fit of giggles as Paul kissed her nose. The two were enjoying their profound moment, but it had to eventually end.

"Jacob's here."