Chapter 05: Breaking Off The Engagement

You, Sebastian and Ciel got back to the carriage without any word. You are awkwardly and secretly staring at Young Master. You've been holding your stare but suddenly you turned your gaze into the window as if you're having some business when he turned to your direction.

"...(-your name-)..." you heard him calling you out but you didn't answer, pretending as if you didn't hear him.

"...(-your name-)." you heard him once again but this time it's louder. You nonchalantly turned to him.

"Yes, Young Master? Is there a problem?" you questioned without even looking at him.

"(-your name-), I know you were embarassed earlier and I also know it's because of me... it's my fault so I'm... sorry." he said, slightly head down.

"I--It's not your fault, Young Master. Actually, it will be my fault if your name gets defiled because you had dance with this maid." you explained and bowed.

"It's also my fault, (-your name-) 'cause I was the one decided to have a dance with---" he was interrupted by the loud thud above the carriage; without any hesitation, Young Lord hugged you for you to be covered.

Instead of being alarmed, your heart was racing inside. It's skipping a beat. Plus the fact that you were against the wall of carriage behind you whilst Young Master is being your cover.

'So, when the time comes that Lizzy might hunt me down, would the scene be like this? Protecting me like no tomorrow?' thought that entered your mind despite the fact that your life is in risk. Even though you're hearing the bullets outside being release by those people unstoppably.

You wish that time would stop even just for a while. But that wish was never to be true when you heard the door opened up, "Oh, did I interrupt something?" you see Sebastian asked teasingly.

Young Master fastly got up with his face flushed. He held out his hand to help you. He narrowly thrown a cold glare at Sebastian's crimson eyes. "E--Excuse me! Nothing has been interrupted!" Young Master reasoned.

"Well then, let's just go back to the manor." Sebastian shut the door, still wearing his annoying smile before going to the front.

- - -

The next day...

"I'm not gonna marry you anymore." Ciel stated straightforwardly, "No, you're my fiancé, Ciel, you're all mine!" she insisted and he was about to go away but stopped by the blonde childish girl when she hugged him from his back.

Ciel removed her arms from him gently but enough to say that he no longer wants to be her fiancé.

"I only see you as my cousin." cold statement from him that made her cry a bit louder. It's like her world fell apart with those words he had let out of his mouth.

Ciel wiped away her continuous tears flowing down her face, "Find the one you truly love, Lizzy. I'll take my leave now, " last words came from him before he left. She was left alone sobbing like forever.

*

"Let's go, Sebastian." he said to Sebastian before walking out of the Midford Manor.

Few weeks had been passed when a letter sealed with red wax of candle received by Earl Phantomhive.

"How's your day, boy? I heard you broke the engagement between you and your fiancée. This is what I want you to remember, a noble must have marry another noble; which is possibly their cousin." says Her Majesty in the letter.

He crumpled the letter and threw it on the corner of his study. "I would fight just for you!" his voice echoed in every inch of the room yet full of sincerity.

- - -

A/N: Hi~ dedication request is now open! Feel free to comment~