You're Only Dreaming

"Hello there, glitter girl." A man appeared in front of you. He seemed to stand apart from everything else in your sight. You didn't recognize him, but something about his wording made you think otherwise.

He looked at you, "I'd hate to alarm you, but you're dreaming. It would be ever so frustrating if you woke up."

You processed his words for a second. "Oh." You said finally. The faceless people around you started to disappear. You still couldn't see the face of the man in front of you, even though you were looking right at him.

He looked around, "I must say, your dreams are very interesting. Especially that one, it didn't look too happy." He smirked, "You are afraid of everyone turning against you? How fascinating."

As he talked, you warped your dreamscape to the park you had been in yesterday. You tried to focus on his face but you still couldn't make it out. But the rest of him seemed to tell you who he was.

"Rascal?" You frowned, still trying to see his face but failing. He looked surprised for a fraction of a second before giggling in a very unnerving way.

"Oh finally!" He clapped his hands, "I was wondering when you would figure it out. It certainly took you a while."

You rolled your eyes, "Well sorry I'm not used to creepy jesters invading my dreams."

"Apology accepted." He shrugged, "Be quicker next time, and may I ask where we are?"

You scoffed and folded your arms over your chest, "You are unbelievable. That was sarcasm." You focused on the scenery and changed it, so that you were in a forest that seemed familiar, though you never remembered being there.

"I know. We're in a different place now, why did you change our location?" He looked at you, before looking away to see if he could recognize it.

You shrugged, "I don't know, I was bored. I have no clue where we are, though." This time, it was you that turned away to scan the forest for any signs of familiarity.

He smirked, "Really? You can do whatever you want and you're bored. Now I've looked around, I know exactly where we are anyway."

"I was bored listening to you." You scoffed, "And who cares where we are when we can go somewhere else?" You tried to avoid asking him where you were. Of course, it didn't matter- but this place seemed oddly familiar but unrecognizable at the same time.

"So you don't know where we are?" His eyes narrowed slightly and he grinned, "Does this help you remember at all?"
Before you could ask him what he was talking about, his features shifted, although it was almost unnoticeable, and he darted forward slightly,
"I believe you have a secret to tell me. I don't like secrets being kept from me."

You took step back and hit a tree rhat suddenly appeared and you remembered immediately where you had seen this forest before. In the dream you had yesterday, after that wolf dropped you.

Rascal took a step back and his face returned to normal as he began laughing, "Your face! Oh my goodness you looked so scared!" His laugh was a strange and almost unnatural sound, though you were sure you had heard it before.

The tree behind you disappeared and you crossed your arms, your face heating up slightly with embarrassment. "Why would I ever be scared of you? Especially in a dream, where you can't hurt me." You scowled slightly at him and he pretended to wipe away a tear.

"At least I know you remember, oh my that scared you so much! I've never laughed so hard before." He smirked upon seeing your new expression and he knew he had gotten under your skin.

You huffed and leaned back on the tree that had reappeared suddenly, "What are you doing in my dream anyway? Isn't it enough that you're in my head?"

"Oh! I remember now." He clicked his fingers, "You asked me earlier about why I think you have a secret. And I know you have a secret"

You moved your shoulders closer to your chest, your arms still folded tightly, now in a more protective manner, "And? So you think I have a secret? Can't you just let it go?"

He shook his head, "No, glitter girl, I know you have a secret, and I want to show you the proof that you do."

"How about I um.. just go over here and-" You began to take a couple small steps back before his head snapped back to your direction.

His smile looked eerie, "Come on glitter girl, if you're so adament on not having a secret then you won't mind letting me prove that you do?"

"That feels a bit too much like peer pressure, and I'm not about that life." You turned to leave, but he grabbed your wrist and stopped you.

"Oh no, you're staying here. Can't have you running off now, can I?" He narrowed his eyes and tried to focus. His hand was still tightly gripping your wrist.

You looked uneasy, "Ow, can you let go? That really hurts. And what are you doing?" You shifted your weight and tried to change the scenery, but found you were unable.

He loosened his grip on your wrist slightly, "Oops. Please stop trying to change the scenery, I am trying to take us somewhere."

"Thanks." You stopped trying to change the scenery, instead looking around the forest more, "How come it's taking so long anyway?"

He sighed, "If I could access your memories this would be so much easier, well, if I could I wouldn't be here. Not only is this your head, but you have some sort of barrier which means it's a lot hard for me to change something as simple as the scenery."

You processed his words before looking back at him, "Well.. good. It's weird enough that you're in my head and stuff, it would be so unbelievably creepy if you could see my memories." You looked at him, and his face started to become visible. You could only really make out the general features, but it was a start.

"If I could access your memories it would be easy. I could just find your secret. Shame. Now hush for a minute, I'm nearly there." He turned back to you and put his finger over his lips. His grip tightened, but you decided not to say anything.

A few seconds later, the entire scene changed. The sky was a dark abyss with tinges of purple and you couldn't see very well. This place felt like your worst nightmare and, although you knew you were dreaming, you couldn't help but feel unsafe and slightly terrified.

Rascal stepped forward, "Ah, isn't it wonderful?" He smiled and looked around. You tried to move away slightly but he was still holding on. He noticed and looked down before dropping your wrist.

"It's kinda spooky.. isn't it?" You gave the surroundings a sideways glance and tried to see something.

He looked back at you, "I forgot it's harder for mortals to see very well in the dark here. This was the closest I could get, follow me."

You trailed after him, "But.. this is a dream.. Why couldn't you get closer?" He turned around for a moment, before facing ahead so he could continue walking.

"Not that any of those other idiots noticed, but I placed a teleportation barrier to keep outsiders from coming in, even in dreams." He explained.

You looked confused, "But you aren't an outsider then, so why couldn't you get closer?" The idea made sense, but you didn't completely understand.

He sighed, "This is your head. I didn't think you were so slow, glitter girl."

"But we're walking there, and we're still in my head. It shouldn't matter how we get there if we're still in my head." You tried to reason. You didn't understand at all.

He held up a hand to shush you, "We're here."

----
wow hi this chapter took forever sorry guys but its done now !!!
Hope you enjoyed this chapter and thanks for reading :)

Laughter [Rascal x Reader]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें