Navigating Dreams

"Sparkle Storm!"

You froze for a fraction of a second, unsure of how exactly to react. Your instincts immediately kicked in and you then began to run.

"Missed!" You heard the pink one yell in frustration.

The orange one huffed, "Well, let's go catch that little coward. Look at how slow she is, pathetic."

You knew they'd easily catch up, so you quickly went down a narrow alleyway, then along a small road, going down every turn in hopes to lose them, or escape.

"Where is she?" The one in green demanded, followed by a loud sound, "She must be around here somewhere."

They were getting closer. This town seemed small, but neverending. The turns only lead you down another endless street, more identical buildings and houses.

"Well, if we can't catch up to her, let's just destroy everything here until there's nowhere left to hide." The blue one suggested in an oddly calm voice.

You couldn't help but wonder what exactly would happen if they did catch you. This was a dream after all, could they really hurt you?

But you didn't want to wake up yet. Rascal said he'd be in your head from now on, and despite this nightmare of a scenario you were now stuck in, you still didn't quite want to have to talk to him, with nowhere to disappear to.

There was the sound of a small explosion, and the thump of brick, perhaps, as it fell to the concrete. You weren't sure what these buildings would be made of, since nothing here was actually real. Just a dream in the end.

"Y/n... where are you?" One of them called, but their voice sounded different. It had more of a sing-song tone to it, definitely in a higher pitch. It wasn't one of them at all, was it? Rascal had found the town.

The sounds of destruction stopped for a moment.
"Is that a stupid little clown I hear?"

The yellow one hummed, "That must mean he's come to help her! She never really was on our side, was she?"

"So she must be nearby. Great, let's focus our attacks on these buildings, girls!" Called the one in pink.

Rascal sighed, "Oh great, they're back. Oh well, easy enough to get rid of. That means Y/n must be around here somewhere."

It was at this moment you realized that you didn't have to even deal with these nightmares. It was a dream. You could teleport away, as you'd done to get there in the first place.

So you exhaled... probably. Could you even breath in or out? Or had your brain just convinced you that you were? Best not to think about it, in case you woke up.

You calmed yourself and took a moment to focus on getting away from the endless town. You hadn't thought to imagine where you'd go, you only pictured escaping.

"She's not here anymore, I can't feel her energy." Growled the one in orange. Meanwhile, they were all still in the never-ending town, turning all they could see to rubble.

The yellow one frowned, "Then why are we still here? Shouldn't we have just disappeared?"

"No." The blue one knocked down a building, "That clown is still nearby. He's real and not supposed to be here."

Rascal hummed, close enough to hear their voices, but far enough away to not be seen. "So, Y/n has gone again. Dear me, this is difficult."

The one in green frowned, "Why don't we kick his ass instead?"

The pink one huffed, "No. We're just the basic characteristics of her friends, thrown in her brain as a nightmare. We'll become less and less powerful the longer we're away."