Rascal's Still There

Of course they don't. I'm staying right here until you give up.
Face it- you'll tell me eventually.

Well someone came back cranky.

You really think I'll leave?

Maybe. Now can you leave me alone? I'm trying to have a conversation here.

Well maybe I'll just keep talking, get on your nerves. I can annoy you as much as I want.

Wait, Emily!

"Uh, Y/n? Are you okay? You kinda just froze.." You snapped back to reality to see Emily looking at you, concerned.

You gave a weak smile, "Yeah, all good. Rascal's still here. Unfortunately."

Well, I must say I don't appreciate your negative tones.

She bit her lip, "That sucks. I hope he doesn't annoy you at school." She started to walk alongside you as you began making your way to school again.

"So, about Pop.. you really think he could help?" You asked after a few minutes of silence. You hoped that maybe you could get even a few seconds of peace.

Well lool who's feeling miserable. I've told you oh-so often, all you have to do is tell me your secret. Come on, it can't be such a big thing.

You tried your best to ignore him and focus on what Emily was saying, "..knows a lot more about magic, and these sorts of things. He's the one who showed us the book of fairytales that had us in them. If anyone knows how to get rid of Rascal, it's him."

That little weasel? Really? Oh, this glitter force really cracks me up.

"Hey, Emily, Y/n!" Kelsey greeted cheerfully as she came over to them. "Sorry about Rascal, I hope he hasn't been too much of an asswipe."

Well, I feel just so upset about this I think I might just cry, you know?
oh my god, can you actually not

"It's fine." You shrugged, "It could be worse. He doesn't talk a lot, but I know he's there."
Hm, interesting lie. I wonder why?

"Maybe at some point Pop can send me inside your head too, so I can throw him into the sun!" She said enthusiastically.
Both you and Emily laughed. "The more the merrier." You said jokingly and gestured with your arms.

The three of you continued to talk aa you walked to school, before meeting up with April and Chloe further on.

"Hey guys!" Kelsey greeted them as they came over and continued walking alongside.

April grinned at you, "Rascal still in there, huh?" You sighed and gave a nod.
"Sorry we dragged you into this." Chloe looked at you with sympathy, but you shrugged it off, "It's not your fault this clown's such an asshole."

Oh well that's not very nice, I must say. I mean, I can understand because Kelsey isn't a very likeable person-
shut up, Kelsey is very likeable.
Well I don't like her. But you? My own roommate turning against me? Well that's just too much.
you can't sob dramatically inside my head, nice try.
Gosh, why are you so mean today?
I'm not in the mood for your sarcasm.
Whoever said anything about sarcasm?
Me. Now go away, will you?
Honestly, I do think you're being a bit rude.
WILL YOU STOP BEING SARCASTIC
Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
oh you want to talk about that, huh?
it's just a metaphor -
you literally woke me up from a perfectly fine dream to take me to some weird place and show me a book that I'm inside? You literally ruined my life, and for what? So you could be right? I can't do anything now except wonder why the hell I'm in that stupid book.
.........